30 West 26th Street
The Executive Director, Talent Acquisition will collaborate with the Chief of Staff to the CEO & Talent Officer and partner with leadership and internal stakeholders to understand organizational recruitment needs and provide solutions to meet these needs as appropriate. The Executive Director is responsible for creating, operationalizing, and managing a comprehensive strategy for sourcing and talent acquisition, enabling New Leaders to ultimately achieve its organizational objectives by identifying and retaining top talent who contribute to New Leaders being seen internally and externally as an ideal place to work and grow.
The Executive Director will also be expected to maintain a requisition load and directly perform full-cycle recruitment on a number of positions.
- Directly oversee talent acquisition operations, supervising the Manager, Talent Acquisition.
- Provide strategic leadership in the development and execution of innovative recruitment and sourcing strategies to attract top talent for all levels across the organization as well as selective executive-level searches.
- Provide staffing guidance to hiring managers in support of strategic business goals.
- Collaborate with the PDHR leadership team to align on various cross-functional initiatives to foster and build a culture of inclusivity and diversity by ensuring talent acquisition strategies fully support key operational initiatives including:
- Identification and promotion of internal staff members
- Development of internal referral strategies and processes.
- Career development and career-pathing strategies.
- Performance management processes.
- Lead the development and implementation of employment marketing and branding strategies for attracting diverse talent including the utilization of social media and/or online job portals and identifying opportunities to market open positions to a diverse population.
- Optimize applicant tracking process and systems (ADP Workforce Now) to ensure compliance, consistency, and best practice utilization to maintain data accuracy and integrity.
- Ensure compliance with company policies, Affirmative Action Plan goals and all local, state and federal laws.
- Stay current with industry best practices to identify opportunities to implement efficiencies in operating practices.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of the talent acquisition function to determine how recruitment processes and protocols may be streamlined and new talent tools can be developed.
- Ensure continuous process improvement in hiring process.
- Identify and create relevant recruitment performance metrics and data to analyze trends, drive change and assess progress.
- Partner with the Executive Director, Organizational Development & Integration to ensure a positive onboarding experience for new hires and existing staff who transition to internal positions, including delivering expectations on career mobility, while addressing broader strategic workforce and talent planning needs.
- Oversee and manage organizational recruiting budget.
- Ensure candidates and hiring managers experience an exceptional talent acquisition process.
- Collaborate with Chief of Staff to the CEO & Talent Officer on the vision and strategy for developing recruitment resources and training in support of managers and staff, as well as, and updates on the Link, our intranet.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Experiences, and Competencies
- At least 10 years of progressive Human Resources experience designing, developing and implementing talent acquisition strategies and sourcing initiatives at a complex organization with multiple sites, with preferred experience in nonprofit and/or education organizations.
- Comprehensive understanding of organizational competencies and performance standard models.
- Ability to develop and maintain excellent working relationships, across the organization and multiple, diverse client groups.
- Experience managing, planning and implementing projects and strategic change initiatives.
- Ability to successfully develop new and better ways to work; support and promote a continuous improvement mentality within Human Resources.
- Strong communication and influencing skills and the ability to build strong relationships with New Leaders leadership and managers to help achieve internal talent identification and external talent recruitment, retention, and development goals.
- Strong interpersonal, consultative, and facilitation skills.
- Demonstrated project management, implementation and analytical skills as well as specific experience managing and implementing projects and strategic initiatives.
- Strong ability to be collaborative, work as part of a team and be open to innovative ideas.
- Ability to manage own time, workload, and conflicting priorities.
- Bachelor’s degree required; MBA or relevant Master’s Degree preferred.
- SHRM Certification desired.
Compensation is commensurate with experience and includes a competitive benefits package and 401K.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Your cover letter should include an explanation of your interest in New Leaders as well as the position for which you are applying. Only applications with a cover letter attached will be considered.