Details: Salary: $42,500. Excellent benefits including: 2-week vacation and the week of December break (plus summer Fridays)! Collaborative and fun office environment with an ongoing array of yummy treats excavated from all corners of the city and world!
520 8th Avenue
About the Organization:
For 40 years ArtsConnection has been one of New York City's most comprehensive arts education organizations with programs in the performing, visual and media arts. In addition to Teen Programs, we provide nationally recognized programs like residencies, curriculum development, teacher and artist professional development, educational research and professional performances in over 115 elementary, middle and senior high schools annually throughout the 5 boroughs.
Program Managers are facilitators of learning and logistics in ArtsConnection's programs in specific schools. ArtsConnection is looking for a dynamic administrator and educator with a passion for building engaging programs for teens. This person works with a team of three other Teen Program Managers each focused on specific ArtsConnection teen programs. Strong communication and multi-tasking skills are required to facilitate understanding of educational and artistic goals and objectives among teens, teachers, artists, school administrators, school coordinators and parents. Additional responsibilities include: design, plan and document programs; statistical reporting; supervision of teaching artists; and payroll management. While there is some cross-pollination among programs, this position will have specific responsibility for residency programs in New York City High schools and a DYCD funded after-school middle school program in Park Slope Brooklyn.
Working under the supervision of ArtsConnection’s Director of Teen Programs, the Teen Programs Manager is responsible for planning and daily administration of programs, including supervising artists. They will also work in partnership with staff to build teen engagement with other ArtsConnection Teen Programs and events.
Specific duties include:
· Communicate with schools to create, plan and implement programs
- Facilitate planning and reflection meetings among teachers and artists
- Create budgets reflecting program design
- Schedule programs with schools and artists
- Prepare artist, school, and student/parent correspondence
- Supervise teaching artists’ work in schools and participate in on-going selection, training and evaluation of teaching artists
- Collaboratively plan and lead Professional Development for teaching artists and classroom teachers
- Schedule and supervise site coordinators
- Schedule and supervise student sharings
- Observe and participate in ArtsConnection’s approaches to investigate the nature of teaching and learning in and through the arts
- Additional duties as assigned
Qualifications: Minimum of 2 years professional experience working with teens, schools and in the arts; understanding of educational issues; excellent personal and phone communication skills; problem solving skills and ability to work well under pressure essential; detail-oriented; bilingual a plus; computer proficiency a must. NYC Department of Education Fingerprint Clearance required.
The ideal candidate possesses the following experience, skills and characteristics:
· a strong writer, educator, communicator, and administrator
· well organized, flexible, and easily adapts to change
· able to work independently and as a team-player
· very comfortable with public speaking
· capable of developing curricula and has experience teaching
· extreme attention to detail in writing, budgeting, and relationship building
· familiar and comfortable with various web platforms and digital technologies
· enjoys working with and mentoring teenagers
· familiar with the NYC Department of Education
· strong ties within the New York arts community
· 2+ years of experience in youth development and/or arts education
· a self-starter determined to provide quality programs for teens
· interested in pursuing and maintaining partnerships with other institutions
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Letter and resume only to:
Subject line: Teen Programs Manager
ArtsConnection is an equal opportunity employer. We have a strong commitment to equity and inclusion, and value the leadership and skills of people from diverse backgrounds. People of color, LGBTQ persons, and people from other historically marginalized backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
No calls please.