Position Purpose: Reporting to the Executive Director, HandsOn Bay Area is seeking a creative Marketing Manager to share our exciting story and grow our brand.
- Manage HandsOn Bay Area’s website edits and content while advancing the site’s usability and search engine optimization.
- Produce high-quality photography for HandsOn Bay Area’s events and programs.
- Create high-quality branded video projects that highlight HandsOn Bay Area events and programs.
- Manage the entirety of HandsOn Bay Area’s social media content while utilizing best-practices and speaking from a consistent, branded voice.
- Create and manage email communications to various HandsOn Bay Area audiences.
- Collaborate with departments to create printed and digital content that highlights HandsOn Bay Area news and programs.
- Support Development team with donor messaging and content.
- Manage and improve upon HandsOn Bay Area’s Google Analytics and AdWords accounts.
Responsibilities of all HandsOn Bay Area Staff
- Embrace HandsOn Bay Area’s core values and mission.
- Be ambassadors for HandsOn Bay Area in the community.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Act as leaders at HandsOn Bay Area corporate service projects as necessary.
Volunteer Project Development
- Coordinate and/or conduct site visits with nonprofit agencies to scope out which activities the volunteers will complete either virtually or in-person (examples: career readiness assistance or gardening).
- Research, organize, and prepare plans to make the volunteer project a success.
- Communicate professionally with corporate clients about the details of the events.
Day of Volunteer Project Management
- Ensure that the project experience is productive, safe, and fun for the volunteers.
- Welcome, direct, and instruct/manage large groups of volunteers.
- Communicate clearly with volunteers to articulate goals of the project.
- Troubleshoot any problems that might arise.
- Coordinate project wrap-up/clean-up as the project is ending.
- Ensure that the project goals are met.
- Occasionally work in our warehouse to organize and package supplies for volunteer projects and assist with supply delivery/retrieval.
- A portfolio of work reflecting your photo, video, writing and design sense.
- 1-3 years of experience with the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Acrobat, Premiere).
- 1-3 years experience with graphic design.
- 1-3 years experience with video creation and editing - a plus.
- 1-3 years experience in creating engaging social media content.
- Experience and knowledge of Google Analytics and AdWords management - a plus.
- Experience with Google Suite (Gmail, Drive, Calendar, Slides, Photos).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to organize and plan virtual and in-person volunteer projects.
- Comfortable speaking in front of and facilitating groups (from 10 to 100+), both virtually and in-person. Enthusiasm to take on leadership of large-scale projects (100+ volunteers) - a plus.
- Great customer service skills; good interpersonal and communication skills, written & verbal.
- Detail-oriented. Able to multi-task with flexibility to succeed in a fast-paced environment.
For when we are able to return to in-person volunteer projects:
- Valid CA driver’s license (or willingness to obtain a license) for travel to project sites throughout the Bay Area.
- Ability to lift and carry event supplies and load them into our fleet.
- A team player who can also work independently AND have fun!
- Interested in nonprofit work and believes in the value of community service.
- Organized, likes attention to detail, good time-management skills.
- Professional demeanor in person, in virtual meetings, and in email communications.
- Handy with basic project budgeting.
- Application Due Date: September 24, 2021.
- Phone Interviews: Ongoing throughSeptember 30, 2021.
- Zoom & In-Person Interviews: Ongoing through Oct 1, 2021.
- Start Date: Oct 15, 2021.
HandsOn Bay Area is committed to continuing to make diversity, equity, and inclusion part of everything we do. Bring your true self. Uniqueness is powerful.