Part Time Temporary
95 Prospect Park West
Prospect Park Alliance
Assistant Concessions Manager
Founded in 1987, Prospect Park Alliance is the non-profit organization that sustains, restores and advances Prospect Park, "Brooklyn's Backyard," in partnership with the City. The Alliance provides critical staff and resources that keep the Park green and vibrant for the diverse communities that call Brooklyn home.
Be part of the driving force that sustains Prospect Park, Brooklyn's flagship park. The Prospect Park Alliance seeks a part-time Assistant Concessions Manager. Reporting to the Concessions Manager and the Assistant Vice President of Visitor Services, this position assists in all aspects of running two concessions sites: the Parade Ground Snackbar and Prospect Park’s historic Carousel.
The Assistant Concessions Manager will be responsible for
- Work closely with Concessions Manager to plan and implement successful daily operations of both locations.
- Ensure that both concession sites have the supplies and equipment needed for operation, and maintain appropriate levels of inventory for all food, beverage and merchandise. Maintaining inventory includes purchasing food and supplies in person.
- Ensure that the Parade Ground Snackbar’s kitchen, food prep and storage areas adhere to the Department of Health and Mental Hygiene requirements at all times with no exceptions.
- Maintain clean and organized point-of-sale areas and displays at both sites.
- Open and close concessions sites at the beginning and end of the day.
- Supervise concession staff.
- Cook menu items at the Parade Ground Snackbar using a grill and deep fryer.
- Confidently handle payment transactions for carousel tickets, food and beverage, and merchandise, and issue receipts and change due to customers.
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain a positive atmosphere by communicating in a friendly, professional manner with both customers and staff.
- Equip and prepare both sites prior to the start of the operating season. Clean and close up the sites at the end of the operating season.
- Work with Concessions Manager to schedule part-time staff.
- Prepare cash registers for opening.
- Prepare and review daily cash deposits as needed, ensuring that daily cash count forms are filled out completely and accurately and adhere to all accounting and internal control procedures.
- Follow procedures to carefully report all incidents and accidents that may occur at either location.
- Report any personnel issues and problems as they arise to the Concessions Manager.
- Operate Carousel as needed.
- Assist Concessions Manager with vending machine operations.
- Maintain Department of Health Food Handler’s License.
The ideal candidate will possess
- One to three years food service and/or retail experience
- Driver’s License required
- Experience opening and closing cash registers and preparing deposits
- High School Diploma required
- Department of Health Food Handler’s License required within two months of accepting position if not currently licensed
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, including weekends and holidays
- Ability to work well in a fast-paced, demanding environment
- Willingness to work in all weather conditions
The Assistant Concessions Manager position is seasonal, March through November, and part time. March through June and September through November the position works approximately 20 hours per week. July and August the position works up to 12 hours per week. Additional hours are available as needed. Work schedule includes Saturdays, Sundays and holidays during the open season (April through November) with the exception of Thanksgiving Day.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply
- Please send resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Prospect Park Alliance is an equal employment opportunity employer. Although we appreciate your interest, we will only contact applicants we are considering for interview.