520 8th Avenue Suite 2005
Great education transforms lives. KIPP, the Knowledge is Power Program, is a non-profit network of 209 college-preparatory, public charter schools educating more than 88,000 early childhood, elementary, middle, and high school students. KIPP schools are tuition-free, public charter schools open to all students. KIPP schools, KIPP regions, and the KIPP Foundation – are united by a common mission, a commitment to excellence, and a belief that if we help children develop the academic and character strengths they need for college and choice filled lives, they will be able to build a better tomorrow for themselves, for their communities, for us all.
The non-profit KIPP Foundation trains and develops outstanding educators to lead KIPP schools, provides tools, resources, and training for excellent teaching and learning, promotes innovation, and facilitates the exchange of insights and ideas within the KIPP network and with partners including: other charters, districts, colleges and universities, and non-profit organizations across the country.
Why work at KIPP?
By working for the KIPP Foundation, you help more students across the country receive the high-quality education they deserve.
· Support KIPP leaders, teachers, and staff on the Network Leadership Development, KIPP School Leadership Programs, Teaching and Learning Labs, KIPP Through College, or Knowledge Sharing teams
- Ensure smart growth and great results on the Network Growth and Sustainability, Strategy, Research & Evaluation, or Insights and Analytics teams
- Broaden our impact on the Government Affairs, External Impact, Marketing, Development, or Talent teams
- Keep us connected and operational on our IT or Finance team
If you believe all children deserve great schools and programs where they can gain the knowledge, skills, character, and habits necessary to achieve their dreams while making the world a better place, join us!
KIPP Foundation’s Development department is responsible for advancing organizational strategy through revenue generation and strategic partnerships and drives the support to fuel KIPP’s work. The team is a tight-knit, energetic, and passionate group that ensures the KIPP Foundation can provide current and future KIPP schools with the programmatic support and resources necessary to help students in underserved communities get to and through college.
The Analytics Specialist reports to the Senior Manager of Special Projects and owns the data that drives the Development team’s work. In addition to ensuring the quality and integrity of the data in our Salesforce donor database, the Specialist will generate analytic insights to drive impact. The role works deeply with Development teammates and collaboratively with colleagues on many teams across KIPP Foundation (including Finance, Marketing, IT) and the local KIPP regions. This role is based in KIPP Foundation’s New York office.
This is an excellent opportunity for an early-career candidate with incredible drive and a passion to learn and grow. The role will have immense exposure to the education landscape, philanthropy, development, and non-profit leadership all while working with a rockstar team!
Key Responsibilities and Duties
Maintain high-quality data – the buck stops with you!
· Input gifts and donor-engagement activity into Salesforce daily; work closely with colleagues to ensure comprehensive data capture
· Develop and execute reports from Salesforce including on performance to goal, Board-member activity, staff activity, campaign proceeds, etc.
· Maintain donor distribution lists including add donor contact information to KIPP’s email service
· Create and manage processes to ensure data is accurate and current; uphold data standards to ensure end users have accurate information for making critical fundraising decisions
Enhance donor database – lead the way to 2.0!
· Assist with migrating and then maintaining fundraising forecast in Salesforce
· Lead planned enhancements to Salesforce to better drive team activity
· Provide input in the development of user requirements and work closely with the tech team to continuously improve Salesforce
Own Reporting & Analytics – drive behavior with powerful data!
· Partner with team members to gather requirements, and create dashboards and reports according to specifications
· Regularly run standard reports; prepare ad-hoc analysis and reporting as needed
· Synthesize large data sets into digestible takeaways and partner with team’s Major Gift Officers and Coordinators to drive action
· Leverage familiarity with the data to generate key insights, identify process improvement and make strategic recommendations for the team
· Achievement Orientation – dedicated to meeting or exceeding goals; pursues everything with energy, drive and need to finish
· Planning & Executing – good at figuring out processes necessary to get things done; anticipates and adjusts for problems and roadblocks
· Systems Oriented – able to design practices, processes and procedures which improve effectiveness and efficiencies
Experience and Qualifications
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Two+ years professional experience
· Demonstrated knowledge of relational database best practices and concepts; a proven track record of executing analysis that provided insights and drove action
· Extraordinary attention to detail
· Ability to manage own time to meet tight deadlines
· Proven ability to solve problems
· Enthusiasm, strong communication skills, and team spirit
· Passion for educational equity and opportunity
Compensation and Benefits
KIPP offers competitive salary commensurate with experience. A comprehensive benefits package, generous vacation and PTO, 401k retirement plan with both pre- and post-tax options, as well as gym reimbursement, flexible spending account (FSA), and cell phone reimbursement are also offered by KIPP.
Minimum Education Required