NRDC is seeking a Program Assistant to work with the Midwest Region Director of the Climate & Clean Energy Program, based in our Chicago office. This position will be an integral part of the Program's advocacy success in the Midwest. The candidate will provide administrative support to an energetic team of clean energy advocates and attorneys and will require strong organizational skills, ability to juggle multiple, complex tasks, and willingness to work with a diverse and fast-paced team with limited supervision. The ideal candidate will also have experience managing budgets, as well as experience or a willingness to provide assistance in legal filings and preparation of other written materials.
- Execute various administrative support tasks, including scheduling and travel booking, expense reports, setting up meetings, note-taking, and supporting staff with applications such as Blue Jeans and Dropbox;
- Tracking grants and discretionary spending in Excel;
- Operate as team liaison with consultants to finalize legal documents and process invoices for compensation in accordance with consulting agreements;
- Assisting with drafting and distribution of memos, blogs and other communications. Edit and proofread letters, documents, memoranda, publications, correspondence, etc.;
- Assisting in legal filings, including gaining familiariaty with procedural requirements in administrative court matters, and preparing and filing documentation at direction of supervisor;
- Actively participate in office activities and efforts surrounding diversity, equity, and inclusion; and
- Find efficiencies wherever possible to ensure strong support to staff and compliance with institutional processes.
- Bachelor's degree;
- Three years previous administrative experience (preference given for experience tracking budgets and/or demonstration of accounting experience);
- Detail-oriented with excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Strong facility with spreadsheets and databases, and experience with accounting and finance;
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment, organize and coordinate multiple tasks, set priorities, follow organizational procedures, and perform quickly and accurately under deadlines;
- Excellent time-management skills;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality a must; and
- Must possess a high degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
Minimum Education Required