1701 20th Ave S
Hamlin Robinson School
Hamlin Robinson School, located in the North Beacon Hill neighborhood of Seattle, Washington, is an independent, non-profit, accredited, state-approved, elementary and middle day school offering a comprehensive educational program to serve students with dyslexia and other language related difficulties. The Hamlin Robinson School core philosophy is that all children can reach their full potential given appropriate teaching methods and atmosphere.
Position: Advancement Director
Reports to: Head of School
Job Classification: Regular full-time position
The Advancement Director is responsible for all fundraising activities and school relations to support and enhance the educational mission of the School. This is a senior leadership position reporting directly to the Head of School and acts as a liaison to the Board of Trustees, communicating to the Board of Trustees, the Head of School and the school community the role and value of charitable giving at the school. The Advancement Director works with the administrative team in strategic planning for the school.
- Manages stewardship of major donors including foundations and corporations
- Create and implement annual development plan to achieve fundraising goals including researching and submitting grants.
- Builds and maintains relationships with key individuals, foundations, corporations and partner organizations
- Manages the school’s Annual Fund
- Manages the school’s Annual Auction (300+ attendees)
- Manages special events related to fundraising
- Manages Major Gifts and Endowment solicitations
- Reviews/writes grant applications, donor solicitations and stewardship materials
- Provides timely fundraising projections and reports as necessary to the Head of School, Board of Trustees and other appropriate constituencies
- Develops, reviews and maintains sound recordkeeping and operational and procedural systems including fundraising projections
- Educates all constituencies on the importance of charitable giving to the school
- In partnership with Communications Director, develops and implements a strategic marketing plan including print, web and other venues, for internal and external communities including student recruitment, in coordination with the Enrollment Management Director
- Strengthens the school’s presence in the community through events, speaking engagements and partnerships
- Develops and maintains alumni relationships in partnership with High School Transition and Alumni Coordinator
- Assist the Head of School and Director of Admission with prospective parent relationships
- Foster a sense of community and volunteerism
- Oversee Parent Association and parent events
- Works in collaboration with the Business and Operations Director to create budgets and reports and reconcile records
- Provides support to the school’s development committee and marketing, school relations sub-committees
- Attends Board of Trustee meetings
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s and CFRE Preferred
- Commitment to Mission and Philosophy of the School.
- Commitment to innovation, excellence, and dedication to implementing the fundraising and marketing program at HRS.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office word processing, database management, spreadsheet, and presentation software.
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills.
- Ability to interact effectively with parents and various levels of organization.
- Ability to prioritize, organize and manage multiple projects efficiently.
- Attention to detail in a fast paced environment.
This description is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities to meet the ongoing needs of the school.
Hamlin Robinson School is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Hamlin Robinson School ignites the academic and creative potential of students with dyslexia and other language-based learning differences.
The world class educational program at Hamlin Robinson School is a catalyst for students to discover the joy of learning within a rich, comprehensive school experience.
Respect: We show appreciation and acceptance for ourselves, our community, and our learning.
Responsibility: We show integrity and accountability for our choices.
Purpose: We show dedication and resolve through our actions.
Perseverance: We show commitment and resilience in all our endeavors.
Hamlin Robinson School provides a competitive compensation and benefits package including a retirement plan with employer match, generous medical, vision, and dental coverage, and professional development support.
Minimum Education Required