Details: Commensurate with experience.
87 Tyler Street, 5/F
The Asian American Civic Association (AACA) seeks a talented self-starting professional with experience in fundraising. The Director of Development is responsible for grant writing and fundraising for the agency.
AACA’s mission is to provide limited English speaking and economically disadvantaged people with education, occupational training and social services enabling them to realize lasting economic self-sufficiency.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement the overall fundraising strategy for AACA, ensuring that the fundraising goals align with the agency’s strategic goals.
- Research foundations and corporations, develop relationships with foundation officers,
determine if AACA meets funders priorities, and track deadlines
- Prepare letters of inquiry and write compelling proposals for new and renewal grants
- Timely completion of all grant proposals
- Maintain up-to-date files and grants database for the tracking of grant renewals, deadlines and execution to inform management of grant status and progress toward goals
- Maintain a portfolio of grants and foundation relationships and serves as the primary manager
- Translate emerging strategies into compelling, cohesive narratives bout AACA’s growth
- Have accurate data and an up-to date organization profile
- Build a stronger grant management process
- Follow up on all grant denials to determine the cause
- Ensure reporting compliance for all grants and provides writing and editing support to program managers and the development department when needed
- Assist in the grant budget preparation process in collaboration with Executive Leadership and Finance
- Strategically identify, research, and cultivate new donor prospects
- Plan and implement individual major giving, annual giving, corporations and foundations, and planned giving, including the development of a pipeline
- Develop and distribute agency newsletter
- Provide effective supervision, mentoring and motivation to development team, volunteers and committees involved with development activities.
•Minimum of five years fundraising experience required, including individual donor development.
•Strength at building and maintaining relationships
•Stellar communication skills, oral and written
•Proficiency in Microsoft office. Experience with development software preferred.
•Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and excellent attention to detail
•Ability to work flexible hours
Includes full benefit package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply:Please send cover letter and resume to: Human Resources Manager, Asian American Civic Association, 87 Tyler St., 5th floor, Boston, MA 02111. Fax: 617-482-2316. E-mail: email@example.com
Posted 10/22/18. Accepting resumes until position filled.