71 West 23rd Street
Position Title: Jr. Research Assistant
Grade/Level: Grade 4
Annual Salary: $49,846
Percent Effort: 100%
Center/Institute: Institute for Infectious Diseases
Project: Magnetic Couples Study
Location: 71 West 23rd Street, NY, NY
Final Date for Receipt of Applications: 4/3/18
Work 5 days per week at the Magnetic Couples study office based in Midtown East Manhattan (some local travel involved). Also, occasional evening or weekend work may be needed.
Participate in study recruitment, enrollment and follow-up of heterosexual HIV-serodiscordant couples. Explain the study eligibility criteria, answer participant questions, obtain informed consent, and conduct in-person surveys. Provide administrative support to the study coordinator.
· Conduct telephone calls to screen potential participant's eligibility for enrollment into the Magnetic Couples research study.
· Work with study participants to assure their comfort with and the accuracy of data collection including obtaining written informed consent, administering surveys to participants.
· Schedule participant baseline and follow-up interview appointments and coordinate with other field staff schedules.
· Obtain participant written informed consent for study enrollment and for medical records release.
· Provide telephone follow-up with agencies' medical records departments to verify accuracy of medical release form information, agency protocol to obtain participant medical records and to request said medical records.
· Coordinate with and visit various clinics, hospitals, community organizations within the 5 boroughs to promote subject recruitment.
· Assist in the update and maintenance of online agency contact information database and online participant appointment scheduler (10-to-8). (No prior experience necessary.)
· Assist study coordinator with minor administrative tasks e.g. petty cash submissions, preparation of documents, equipment, and supplies for data collection, and other study materials as needed.
· Perform other related duties as required.
Requires one year of relevant post-high school education or equivalent and one-two years of related experience. Prefer Bachelor’s or Associate’s degree and/or 1 year of experience or any equivalent combination of experience, training, and education in nursing, social work, psychology, anthropology, public health or related field. The job will normally be performed during daytime hours, but there may be a need for an occasional early evening or weekend interview to be scheduled.
Demonstrate excellent interpersonal and communication skills. Must be flexible, emphatic, and able to engage effectively with diverse populations. Demonstrate efficiency in prioritizing assignments, as well as skill in proactively and independently resolving problems in the field, and recommending and/or implementing continuous quality improvements. Possess working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook preferred. Spanish fluency is a plus.
Health, dental, vision, retirement, life insurance
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish fluency is a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply online: https://tinyurl.com/y72rllot