34 Grove Street
William J. Gould Associates, Inc.
Per Diem Residential Advisor - Hourly Position
Boston Area Programs, Fellside, Medford, MA
This is a Part-Time flexible Per-Diem opportunity with mostly evening and weekend shifts available with the possibility of some overnight shifts.
The Fellside house is a part of Gould Farm, a therapeutic community based in the Berkshires that serves people with mental health issues. Fellside is our transitional program that provides both residential and non-residential services in Medford, MA and the Boston area through community, meaningful work, and clinical care. Residential Staff at Fellside support residents in acquiring life skills that will help them transition towards independent living. Working alongside residents, Residential Staff contribute their strengths to the Fellside community through cooking, arts and crafts, music, yoga, fitness, gardening, individual support and more. Residential Staff are supported and supervised by the Clinical/Program Director of the Boston Area Programs. Residential Staff promote the values and spirit of Gould Farm, actively participate as members of the community at meals and other gatherings; maintain open and honest communications with staff members; and promote the safety and well-being of all community members.
During the Residential Shifts at Fellside, Residential Staff are engaged in the following activities:
Life in the House:
- Organize/lead activities such as potlucks, game night, art activities, mindfulness exercises, outings, etc.
- Assist program participants with menu planning, meal preparation and cleanup;
- Attend to general appearance of Fellside by tending to indoor and outdoor house cleaning and grounds and partnering with program participants and staff in maintaining a clean, orderly, and safe environment;
- Participate and contribute to the community in ways that bring out individual talents and strengths;
- Ensure program participants receive optimal quality of care and respect;
Individual Support for Program Participants:
- Support program participants in using their coping skills to tend to their wellness in person and by phone;
- Support any extended community members on respite stays at Fellside;
- Assist program participants in navigating public transportation systems or in obtaining driving directions; provide transportation in emergency situation or in circumstances authorized by on-call staff;
- Provide support and encouragement to program participants with obtaining information from the internet and other resources to support their progress with achieving their goals;
- Provide medication check-ins with program participants as occasionally needed; assist program participants in obtaining information for medication questions or concerns;
- Assist program participants looking for volunteer and paid work;
- Support visiting Farm Guests with getting to know the area and exploring possible resources in the area;
Administrative and Other Activities:
- Provide administrative support through updating electronic health record documentation;
- Read and maintain professional documentation of daily interactions with program participants in log;
- Overseeing the program’s monthly “Front Porch” newsletter;
- Be prepared to pitch in to help cover the responsibilities of staff when they are absent and respond to emergencies including use of on-call support; follow through with crisis plans with on-call staff;
- Uphold policies and guidelines set by Gould Farm and the Boston Area Programs;
- Participate in staff, clinical, residential, and community meetings and trainings;
- Qualifications: We are looking for someone with an interest in the mental health field, preferably with a BA in psychology or any of the human services related fields. Maturity, and excellent written and verbal communication skills are a must and current driver’s license preferred. Patience and a sense of humor needed! Flexible schedule includes weekday, evening, overnight and/or weekend shifts. Valuable skill building opportunity for future career in mental health field! Supportive training and supervision provided to assist staff in meeting their individual learning objectives. Knowledge of Boston area and non-smokers preferred. Rate of pay: $14.54/awake hour. If interested, please send cover letter & resume to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a Resume and cover letter in Word format to: firstname.lastname@example.org