Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is seeking a Research Manager to contribute to the work of the U.S. research team and provide support to tobacco control policy campaigns. Primary duties include conducting online research, reviewing and translating research findings for a broad audience, drafting, updating and fact-checking advocacy materials and responding to time-sensitive requests for information. This position also manages and organizes large data sets in Excel and assists in monitoring and responding to tobacco industry activities.
Candidates should have strong writing, communication and analytical skills, as well as a proven ability to multi-task and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment. This is an excellent opportunity for a resourceful individual to further develop their research and advocacy skills and gain a wide range of experience. This position reports to the VP’s US Research. This is an exempt position based in Washington, D.C.
· Excellent research, writing, communication and organizational skills.
· Demonstrated experience working with numbers and data.
· Ability to review research studies and synthesize information.
· Ability to manage multiple projects, meet deadlines and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
· Ability to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
· Ability to take initiative, solve problems creatively and work independently.
· Diligent attention to detail.
· Experience with a variety of computer software applications including Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Excel.
· Experience in tobacco control or public health preferred. Issue advocacy, legislative or political campaign experience a plus.
· The ideal candidate will have two to three years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree or higher. Relevant master’s degree training can substitute for work experience.
How to Apply
The Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcomes applications from individuals who will contribute to its diversity.
To apply for this position, please email a cover letter, resume, writing sample and salary requirement to: email@example.com. Please reference the position code RM: 07 in the subject line of your email. Resumes will be accepted until the position is filled. Most staff are currently working remotely but are expected to return to the DC office in September, 2021.
Campaign for Tobacco-Free Kids is seeking a Research Manager to contribute to the work of the U.S. research team and provide support to tobacco control policy campaigns. Primary duties include conducting online…