Reporting to the Individual Giving Manager, the Individual Giving Associate will be an integral support and fundraising member of the team. Responsible for managing a portfolio of donors the job holder will also complete all administration relating to individual giving activity as well as providing a Development presence at requested events.
• Assist Individual Giving Manager with developing and implementing the individual giving and family foundation strategy
• Manage a portfolio of a minimum of 100 donors which includes three stewardship touchpoints per year outside of general correspondence and acknowledgements, i.e., cultivation events, phone calls, personal notes, etc.
• Identify appropriate program opportunities/individual event attendees for special appeals, merge and mail letters. Manage and follow-up with prospects.
• Draft solicitation letters and other special correspondence; track appeals and event fundraising.
• Co-design invitations create invitation list, and act as RSVP for all individual cultivation events, both in-person and virtual.
• Conduct donor research and prospecting.
• Assist with corporate volunteer applications and special events when needed.
• Track and process acknowledgment letters, weekly thank you calls for various staff and board members.
• Participate in team meetings to discuss prospects and solicitation strategy.
Skills and Experience Required:
• Two years of previous development experience required with both the potential and aspirations to build a career within the field.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills with an eye for detail and an articulate telephone manner.
• Excellent organizational skills including self-management of work schedule.
• Accomplished interpersonal skills with the diplomacy and poise required to deal with board members, volunteers and major and high-profile donors.
• Effective team worker who can demonstrate a collaborative approach when working with colleagues.
• Interest in advancing the mission of the New York Common Pantry
• Proficient in the use of MS Word, Excel, and Outlook; with previous Raiser’s Edge experience a plus.
Bachelor’s degree required
Hours of Work:
Monday – Friday, 9am – 5pm with a one-hour unpaid lunch break for a total of 35 hours per week. Due to current restrictions, working remotely can be expected.
If you are interested in applying, you will need to submit a cover letter and resume, with the subject heading Individual Giving Associate to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
NY Common Pantry is an equal opportunity employer and makes employment decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other status protected by law.
Reporting to the Individual Giving Manager, the Individual Giving Associate will be an integral support and fundraising member of the team. Responsible for managing a portfolio of donors the job holder will also complete all…
Please submit your cover letter and resume to apply for this opportunity