Associate Director, San Francisco
About Point Source Youth
Point Source Youth is a growing national non-profit dedicated to ending youth homelessness in 50 cities and towns in 10 years. We help advocate for, implement, and evaluate proven, scalable, and replicable youth homelessness interventions – family & kinship strengthening, short-term host homes, and rapid re-housing – to increase housing options for youth. We are currently working in Baltimore, Detroit, Los Angeles, Louisville, Durham, New York City, Oakland, San Jose, Santa Cruz, and San Francisco, and adding new locations regularly.
Our annual National Symposium on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness in NYC is the largest homeless youth conference in the country. In 2019, our Third National Symposium on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness will bring over 700 youth homeless leaders together over three days with 200 speakers. You can learn more about the Symposium here - https://www.pointsourceyouth.org/nationalsymposium/
The Associate Director, San Francisco, will work in partnership with organizations in San Francisco, including the San Francisco LGBT Center among others, to expand host homes, family strengthening, and rapid re-housing programs in San Francisco. The ideal candidate loves working in partnership, celebrates the resiliency and independence of youth experiencing homelessness, and is fiercely dedicated to continuing to scale-up new solutions to end the youth homelessness crisis in San Francisco.
The Associate Director, San Francisco, will report the Executive Director and will working closely with the Associate Director, West Coast based in Los Angeles. Together, they will co-lead regional Point Source Youth conferences and boot-camps in California.
They must also be proactive, flexible, and have an entrepreneurial mindset suited to a dynamic organization that is experiencing rapid growth and transformation.
The Associate Director, San Francisco will identify and work with 5-7 San Francisco partners to grow host homes, rapid re-housing, and family strengthening programs in San Francisco with a goal of 200+ new youth successfully served in those programs in 12-24 months.
Core responsibilities include:
· Leading collaboration with dozens of key stakeholders in San Francisco
· Working in collaboration to successfully launch, grow, and support new programs in San Francisco that celebrate youth experiencing homelessness as their foundation
· Working with youth with lived experience in co-creation of all programs
· Leading all communications with all local partners
· Co-producing local events and bootcamps
· Responsibility for applying an intersectional lens to all of our work that lifts up and celebrates folks of color, gender non-conforming and trans-youth, as well as the broader LGBTQ community
· Ensuring that Point Source Youth is at the forefront of innovations in this space
Travel to the Point Source Youth NYC headquarters is required quarterly, with a three week stay in NYC to support our annual National Symposium on Solutions to End Youth Homelessness.
· Demonstrated commitment to addressing youth homelessness, with lived experience of homelessness prioritized
· Demonstrated commitment to social justice frameworks including race, gender, and economic justice
· Ability to co-lead effective and meaningful youth engagement
· 5-7 years of experience with youth homelessness in San Francisco
· 5-7 years of experience in advocacy related to LGBTQ youth
· 3-5 years of experience in leading local San Francisco partnerships
· Experience with fundraising
· Demonstrated ability with out-of-the-box thinking regarding social justice communications
· Proactive and creative problem-solving skills with the ability to be flexible and adapt to different personalities,work styles, and a growing, changing organization
· Ability to excel in working successfully with diverse groups of people
· Proven ability to communicate effectively with diverse stakeholders including high-level policymakers and Executive Directors, frontline housing staff and case managers, youth with lived experiences of homelessness, and funders
· Extraordinary attention to detail, time management skills, and critical thinking abilities
· Proven capacity and desire to work independently
· Willingness to travel
Point Source Youth seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the communities we serve. All positions at Point Source Youth are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, HIV/AIDS status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
We strongly encourage people of color, people of diverse gender identities, women, and people with lived experiences of homelessness to apply.
Salary is commensurate with experience with a strong benefits package including medical, dental, and vision.
Minimum Education Required