Details: Commitment to simple sustainable living
Salón Comunal de Vara Blanca
ADE Overview: ADE (Association for Development through Education) is a Christian non-profit organization that uses holistic education to share the love of the Lord with communities without creating dependency. ADE’s vision is to create a network that will send people to serve in other countries, supported by the work of their own hands within the receiving community. We work alongside local community members to develop educational initiatives and other partnerships (local, national and global) that fulfill the greatest commandment (Matt. 22:34-40) and the great commission (Matt. 28:18-20).
Join our multicultural staff in living Matthew 10 and gain valuable experience in missions and development.
- Assist in further developing our community taxonomy project- encouraging individuals from the community to participate in species identification (flora and fauna), thus promoting regional education, scientific exploration and species preservation.
- Assist in our biological corridor project linking the region's small areas of old growth forests with one another using existing watersheds. The objective is to be a model program that would be replicated across Costa Rica and Central America.
- Support the growth of the biological research station in the area linking national and international institutions of faith in the study of Creation while enhancing ecological preservation.
- Housing, food, regional/national travel, and living basics are provided through ADE's common purse.
- Two year minimum commitment, however, preferred consideration will be given to those who are willing to commit longer.
- Spanish is highly preferred. If applicants do not have basic Spanish then we will work with them in language training prior to starting the job.
- Participants must be willing to be led and supervised by the ADE Costa Rica board of directors.
- Strong commitment to Biblical standards of living in community, sharing of one’s faith, and loving one’s neighbor required.
All lodging, food, transportation, stipend, and work funds will be provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
English and Spanish. If you are not fluent in Spanish we will work with you to assist in your language acquisition.
Minimum Education Required