Details: SWE offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience
130 East Randolph Street
Student Programs Coordinator Description
The Student Programs Coordinator is responsible for coordinating, implementing, building and expanding SWE’s suite of leadership and development programs with a focus on high school and college students. The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience with volunteer management, program development, education and strategic partnerships. Association experience is a plus. This position reports to the Director of Student Programs.
Summary of Duties
• Manage Curriculum for Workshops and expand digital content for high school students and college students through our learning management system
• Assist in the development and expansion of the current Collegiate Leader Institute (CLI) program and High School Leadership Academy at our annual and regional conferences
• Maintain the Career Coaching Program
• Collaborate with marketing on messaging, outreach, and branding
• Act as a liaison to membership services and global programming
• Assist in the planning and implementation of K-12 student facing events and exhibitions
• Develop and implement high school to college transition programming
• Build and implement programs that enhance the connection between SWE members and K-12 students
• Manage the SWENext (K-12 student membership) Alumni
• Identify, design, and develop integration points between SWENext and College programs
• Facilitate the maintenance and use of the competency model as it relates to high school and collegiate programs
- Bachelors Degree, with emphasis on marketing and/or education. Masters Degree a plus.
- 1-3 years of experience in a position with primary responsibility for volunteer management, program implementation, event planning and marketing.
- Experience with STEM pedagogy; research around women and girls in engineering; and adult learning
- Background in creating and maintaining strategic partnerships
- Must be an independent, self-starter and team player with sincere interest in the Society’s mission
- Willingness and ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as necessary in order to accomplish job responsibilities
The Society of Women Engineers (SWE) is a not-for-profit educational and service organization. SWE is the world’s largest advocate and catalyst for change for women in engineering and technology. To ensure SWE members reach their full potential as engineers and leaders, SWE champions the value of diversity and empowers women to succeed and advance in those aspirations and be recognized for their life-changing contributions and achievements as engineers and leaders.
SWE has over 40,000 members and an annual budget of over $10 million. SWE has a congenial, business casual work environment in the Chicago Loop. SWE offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience and an excellent benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required