1107 9th Street, Suite 901
POSITION SUMMARY: The Operations Associate/Office Manager is responsible for coordinating the operations of PCL, a 53 year old non-profit in Sacramento, including budgets, office infrastructure, human resources, organizational and program logistics, office and computer systems, member outreach, email database, donor database, and the organizations website and social media platforms. Additionally this position will coordinate outreach, events, and Board of Director meetings when necessary.
Office & Organizational Infrastructure
1. Report on cost control efforts and overhead expenses.
2. Keep computer systems up and running, working with the staff and vendors.
3. Manage contracts and vendors to get the best possible services at the lowest cost.
4. Maintain office space and manage landlord and subtenant relations.
1. Facilitate employee transitions, including: office systems training, policies, and office needs.
2. Maintain current and complete employee personnel files.
3. Review and facilitate the execution of all current contracts and general vendor relationships.
Outreach & Communications
1. Coordinate and support events, project activities and fundraising events.
2. Facilitate and edit printed and electronic newsletters.
3. Maintain PCL’s social media platforms and presence and coordinate with outside media vendors.
Financial & Membership Support
1. Maintain files of all current contracts and vendors.
2. Process income from membership and events.
3. Maintain the PCL/PCLF membership database (Razors Edge).
4. Coordinate accounts payable and accounts receivable.
5. Assist the Executive Director with drafting and carrying out the annual budget.
Bookkeeping (optional depending on experience and interest)
1. Maintain accounts payable and accounts receivable and communicate with vendors as needed.
2. Manage payroll; record payroll changes, review reports, track hours, and other related tasks as needed.
3. Review monthly income and expense cash flow data with the Executive Director.
4. Prepare accounting reports to management to help track and analyze membership fundraising efforts.
5. Coordinate with the Executive Director and contracted accountants the annual audit and tax return preparation.
EDUCATION: BA degree helpful, not required
EXPERIENCE: 2-5 years administrative or project management experience
SKILLS: Organizational skills, office management, some financial background, computer technical skills.
PERSONAL RELATION SKILLS: Must be comfortable working in a support position with staff, but also able to manage vendors and coordinate volunteers. Must be comfortable working with a variety of people and a wide variety of tasks.
20-25 hours per week total in our Sacramento office and additional hours outside of the office when needed for events, activities, and meetings. This is an at-will, hourly, part-time, and non-exempt position. Casual office environment.
THIS JOB DESCRIPTION DOES NOT CONSTITUTE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
PCL & PCLF ARE EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYEERS
Please submit Cover Letter and Resume to Jobs@PCL.org
Minimum Education Required