Hilton Head Island
Polaris Tech Charter School seeks middle and high school teachers who will join an outstanding education team to unleash student potential and cultivate aspirations – where students are career-focused, college-ready and invested in the community.
Who We Are
Polaris Tech is a new school that will transform learning for traditionally underserved students in Jasper County, South Carolina. We’ll welcome our first class of students in Fall, 2018 to a personalized, blended learning instructional model with online and project-based education, where each student works at their own pace and according to their own learning style and interests. Polaris Tech will focus on using technology & innovative education techniques to guide students toward a successful future in college, a career and in their community. Students will be engaged in a well-rounded curriculum that includes core academics, career pathways, work and life skills and health and wellness activities.
Who We Want
We are looking for team players who will thrive in a learning environment that is fluid and flexible, where student needs and aspirations shape the path. At Polaris Tech Charter School, our teachers:
Hold High Expectations for Equitable Outcomes: Teachers who create rigorous but supportive environments in which all students – including those who are traditionally underserved – are held to high academic expectations. They seek evidence of achievement of goals to help all students meet expectations. Moving beyond a traditional notion of providing each student with the same learning experience, they are willing to apply differentiated strategies for individual students.
Embrace Competency-Based Learning: Teachers who recognize that not all students learn at the same pace, and mastery of knowledge and skills is a better measure of learning progress. They measure progress against competency attainment and find ways to meet students where they are rather than adhere to one-size-fits-all schedules or sequences of instructional events.
Value All Learners: In seeking to personalize instruction, teachers recognize all students bring different strengths and needs to the classroom. They are aware of different learning preferences, diversity, and universal design principles. They appropriately differentiate and adapt to meet the academic, social and emotional individual needs of each student.
Have a Growth Mindset: Teachers who are constantly striving to develop. They seek out feedback and resources to help them learn and grow. And they apply the same mindset to students – encouraging students to take risks and learn from both their successes and failures.
We are currently seeking teachers with certifications in English (dual certification with Social Studies desirable), Mathematics (dual certification with Science desirable), Science, Social Studies, English as a Second Language and Special Education.
- 3+ years teaching experience desired
- Certification in subject area
- Experience in project based learning
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, and Outlook
- Proficiency in GSuite and Google Docs
- Experience working with the proposed age group
- Experience supporting adults and children in the use of technology
- Ability to learn new technology tools quickly (e.g., database and web-based tools)
- Ability to support and guide parents as well as students
- Knowledge of effective and innovative instructional and student evaluation techniques
- Willingness to work with other teachers to promote interdisciplinary studies
- Ability to develop effective relationships with pupils, parents, teachers, staff and the community
- Outstanding references from current and former supervisors
- Satisfactory SLED (SC Law Enforcement Division) report
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including a competitive salary starting at $50,000, commensurate with experience.
Learn more about our school and apply by visiting our website http://www.polaristech.org/
Minimum Education Required