Details: Living Allowance provided as a participant in a National Service Program
Illinois JusticeCorps is seeking interested and qualified individuals to serve as full or half-time Illinois JusticeCorps Fellows for the 2018-2019 program year. Illinois JusticeCorps members provide valuable assistance to people without lawyers by helping them navigate the courthouse, access legal and social resources, and connect them to legal aid and other services. JusticeCorps complements the work of lawyers, clerks, and library staff by providing legal information and procedural guidance to those who need it most.
Job Responsibilities May Include:
- Providing legal information and connecting court patrons to available legal aid resources
- Accompanying people without lawyers around the courthouse to help them complete the necessary steps to move forward with their legal matters
- Designing and implementing workshops and information sessions on going to court on your own and other topics for the general public
- Encouraging the culture of AmeriCorps and community volunteerism through planning and participating in service projects and other AmeriCorps events
- Working closely with site supervisors to support 300-hour members
- Serving as a role model and providing on-the-spot assistance to 300-hour members
The Position Requires that Full-time (Half-time) Members:
- Make a one-year, 1700-hour (900-hour) commitment as an AmeriCorps member
- Serve at least 35 (20) hours a week, during court hours
- Attend all training sessions and other events
- Attend required National Days of Service and Member Recognition Day
- Conscientiously gather and submit data needed for reports
Positions are available in the following Illinois cities:
Full-Time AmeriCorps Members: Chicago, Champaign-Urbana, Edwardsville, Geneva, Joliet, Rockford & Waukegan.
Half-Time AmeriCorps Members: Bloomington-Normal, Galesburg, Kankakee, Markham & Woodstock.
- $18,000 ($9,000) Living Allowance distributed evenly throughout the participant’s term of service
- Individual Health Insurance for Full-time Members
- Assistance paying for child care for eligible parents (Full-time Members)
- After completion of 1700-hour (900-hour) commitment, volunteer will receive an Education Award for tuition payment or student loan repayment
- Great professional skills development, work experience, and professional references
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply through My AmeriCorps - you can find the available positions by searching for listings using "Illinois JusticeCorps" as the Program Name. Please direct questions to email@example.com and indicate your preferred service location in the subject line.