Jamaica Plain and South Boston
Join our team!
The mission of Middlesex Human Service Agency is to improve the quality of life and independent functioning of a diverse client population served through an extensive delivery-system of community-based substance abuse and social service programs. All programs emphasize dignity, respect, and empowerment of disadvantaged clients. The Agency believes in teaching individuals and families regarding the skills and problem-solving abilities required for self-sufficiency.
The Agency currently operates 10 programs in the Metro Boston area and continues to expand its scope of services.
Please view our website! www.mhsainc.org
Program: Sullivan House
$19.00hr w/ LADC License
$19.50hr w/ relevant Masters Degree
$20.00 w/ LADC and relevant Masters Degree
Reports To: Program Director of Sullivan House.
Manage all client intake responsibilities for Middlesex Human Service Agency (“MHSA”) recovery home, the Sullivan House in Jamaica Plain.
To serve as the primary point of contact for all referring agencies, prospective clients, and Program staff for half-way house substance abuse recovery programs for adult males. Coordinate and process all referrals, develop and maintain relationships with referral agencies, interview potential clients, and place clients at the appropriate recovery program based on availability, location, and clinical criteria.
- Act as the first line of contact for potential clients and other agencies, as a representative of MHSA.
- Navigate the network of substance abuse treatment facilities and services (e.g., coordinate and communicate with detox facilities, Department of Corrections, mental health services)
- Develop a solid network of contacts and maintain ongoing relationships established with referring agencies.
- Manage and track vacancies, schedule phone screens and face-to-face interviews, and conduct any necessary follow up for clients and referrals.
- Attend routine “Admission Meetings” with Director and Assistant Program Director to ensure consistent and coordinated admissions.
- Maintain and track data on clients and MHSA services for reporting purposes and for consistent provision and improvement of services.
- Maintain accurate data and submit reports on time, to comply with data collection needs and program licensing.
- Assess client’s readiness for treatment and propose appropriate site for admission.
- Prepare and maintain accurate, legible and up-to-date client records.
- Maintain clear and consistent communication with the two Recovery Homes.
- Attend staff meetings as needed at either Recovery Home.
- Orient new clients to program rules, regulations, activities, structure and expectations.
- Abide by all MHSA policies regarding boundaries, strict client confidentiality, HIPAA laws and ethical standards at all times.
- Engage in independent study and program-sponsored substance abuse trainings as needed to stay current with best practices and theories in the substance abuse treatment field and related disciplines.
- Contribute to operational and departmental improvements.
- Various other responsibilities, as assigned by the Program Directors or Assistance Program Directors.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Current LADC/ CADAC or enrollment in licensing program preferred; willingness to acquire license within (3) years of employment required.
- Knowledge of substance abuse treatment process and issues, relevant referral agencies, and twelve (12)-step models.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and strong boundaries with clients.
- Demonstrated high standards of integrity.
- Demonstrated organization and time management skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Computer literacy required, including Microsoft Office skills.
- Demonstrated reliable attendance and punctual reporting for work.
- CPR/AED and First Aid Certification (MHSA will provide training opportunity).
- Valid driver’s license required.
- Reliable personal transportation for work activities required.
Program Summary: The Sullivan House is a residential treatment facilities providing an intensive substance abuse program for adult males. The program enables residents to help themselves maintain sobriety while renewing their careers and responsibilities to their families and to society.
Middlesex Human Service Agency, Inc (MHSA) is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Comprehensive health and dental benefits package for full time employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should send cover letters and resumes to:
Name: Human Resources Department
Please note the position for which you are applying in the subject of your email.