Details: Competitive salary based on experience.
“We only propose to find truth, and set it loose in the world” —Edward F. Adams, Founder
The Commonwealth Club of California is the world’s premier nonpartisan public speaking platform. For more than a century, the Club has hosted the world’s political leaders, entertainers, authors and provocative thinkers. Individuals who believe in the importance of civil dialogue and an engaged citizenry are drawn to the Club and are keen to support our mission with their generosity. We are in need of an Individual Giving Manager who will help grow and steward this dedicated community of donors.
This position will focus on The Commonwealth Club’s individual giving program including management and stewardship of Leadership Circle donors, raising funds for the annual operating budget through seasonal giving campaigns, and a special effort on an extension of a capital campaign.
· Maintain and grow a portfolio of 300-400 donors ($1,000+) by developing and implementing strategies for establishing and strengthening these relationships
· Serve as the Leadership Circle Concierge, answering Leadership Circle members questions and concerns in person, as well as via phone and email
· Plan and execute bi-monthly special receptions for Leadership Circle members (attended by Club speaker)
· Oversee and implement Giving Tuesday, Season of Giving, Day of Giving, and End of Fiscal Year Giving campaigns (direct mail, email, and social media channels)
· Qualify additional prospects on an ongoing basis, using donor research software
· Conduct multiple mailings each month aimed at renewing members and acknowledging recent donors
· Arrange and host yearly donor event for Leadership Circle members at the $2,500+ level
· Create and send communications to Leadership Circle members aimed at providing notice about exciting upcoming events
· Collaborate with development on various department initiatives including sponsored events, annual gala, special
· Collaborate cross-departmentally to identify programmatic opportunities relevant to Leadership Circle donors
· Support the President & CEO and Vice President of Development, and a volunteer “Grand Finale Committee,” to raise additional capital campaign funds from individuals, corporations, and foundations
· Work closely with Club leadership, Board of Governors, and committee volunteers to ensure they have appropriate prospect assignments and are making progress in their fundraising efforts
· Arrange donor cultivation events
· Produce campaign materials for Club Leadership and Board of Governors to use in their solicitation efforts
· Conduct multiple mailings each month aimed at invoicing current donors with outstanding pledges and acknowledging recent donors
· Manage the implementation of donor recognition signage
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
· Strong commitment to the mission, vision, values, and work of The Commonwealth Club
· Minimum bachelor’s degree
· Minimum 2 years professional experience in fundraising for a nonprofit organization, or equivalent education and experience
· Exceptional interpersonal skills, including excellent verbal and written communications
- Enthusiasm for developing and sustaining meaningful relationships with high net worth individuals
· Ability to be analytical and demonstrate strategic and creative thinking
· Excellent organizational and managerial skills
· Proven ability to exercise good and independent judgment and to act tactfully
· Excellent attention to detail
· Goal oriented
· Strong time and task management skills
· Willingness and ability to take on new tasks, collaborate with other departments, and be an all-around team player
Full benefits, including 401(k) plan; The Commonwealth Club of California is a non-profit organization
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Submit cover letter and resume to email@example.com with subject line: Individual Giving.
In the body of your email please identify which recent Commonwealth Club speaker you would like to have met in person and why.