Assistant to the Judiciary Committee/Program Coordinator (Entry Level)
- Job posted by New York City Bar
42 West 44th Street
The New York City Bar Association (City Bar), founded in 1870, is a voluntary association of lawyers and law students. The City Bar’s mission is to equip and mobilize the legal profession to practice with excellence, promote reform of the law, and uphold the rule of law and access to justice in support of a fair society and the public interest in our community, our nation, and throughout the world.
This role is split between the Judiciary Committee Office and the Continuing Legal Education Department. Position reports to the Senior Director, Programs/Committee Engagement and Senior Manager, Customer Relations.
Assistant to the Judiciary Committee:
This office provides general administrative assistance for the Judiciary Committee, coordinating intra-Judiciary Committee communication, collaboration with other county bar associations, and contact with potential judicial candidates the Committee reviews for state and federal judicial posts. The position requires some late night meetings and some travel within the five boroughs.
The CLE Department offers various types of programs for attorneys to update and continue their education in the law as well as earn required CLE credit. In addition to the approximately 130 discrete live programs, we offer live webcasts and online/on demand programs. The CLE Department is committed to providing quality and timely programs to both newly admitted and experienced attorneys.
Some areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Assist Judiciary Committee with evaluations of judicial candidates
- Maintain confidential files and database of judicial candidates
- Schedule and arrange agenda; attend Judiciary Committee meetings
- Undertake all general administrative duties necessary for Judiciary Committee to function effectively
- Correspond with program faculty; confirming faculty information
- Set deadlines for course materials and following up as necessary
- Obtain copyright permission for articles and assisting with organizing materials and sending materials for reproduction
- Organize meetings for faculty; send marketing materials to faculty
- Assist with all aspects of customer service at programs, including setting up the registration desk, processing walk-in registrations, distributing CLE certificates, ensuring attendees and faculty members sign in/out, and ensuring the room is properly set-up
- Take on additional responsibilities/special projects as needed
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 1 year relevant work and/or internship experience
- Proficient communication skills, both written and verbal
- Strong computer skills
- Ability to work as part of a team as well as independently
- Excellent proofreading skills and attention to detail required
- Able to multi-task, manage time effectively, and meet deadlines
- Some knowledge of legal field and/or court system a plus
- Interest in nonprofit organizations
The New York City Bar Association is a proud equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. It is the policy of the NYC Bar to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, age, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We provide a generous benefits package.
Full benefits package offered including paid time off, medical, dental, vision, 401K and more!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested qualified applicants should send a cover letter including salary expectations and resume via e-mail and include AJC/PC in the subject line.