321 North Clark Street
mRelief provides an easy-to-use platform online and through SMS that enables Americans to find out if they qualify and enroll end-to-end in the SNAP program. Our mission is to restore dignity by transforming access to social services. To date we have helped more than 260,000 families connect to social services and unlocked $44 Million in SNAP benefits as of June 2018.
Our corporate supporters include: Google, Microsoft, and Target Smart. mRelief has been backed by Y Combinator, the Knight Foundation, New Media Ventures Fund, and the Stupski Foundation. Our clients include the California Department of Social Services, Yolo County Department of Human Services, the Catholic Charities, and the Municipality of Anchorage, Alaska.
We are looking for an outstanding Financial Operations Associate to pioneer systems for success for mRelief’s internal infrastructure, accounting and overall plan for sustainability.
This Associate will also be given the opportunity to be a finance leader at an innovative technology nonprofit. Thus, this requires financial management of diversified revenue inclusive of foundation grants, software as a service revenue and individual donors. This is a full-time position located in Chicago, IL. As soon as you start at mRelief, you will play a critical role in developing systems for success to maintain mRelief’s strong financial position.
Financial Operations Associate tasks include:
- Coordinating timely payment of bills and invoices to meet deadlines for receivables
- Managing and coordination of the audit process
- Timely maintenance of mRelief’s books of accounts, preparation of accounts, and monthly financial statements, general ledger and overall accounts
- Maintaining systems for our accrual budgeting and cashflow and runway analysis
- Systematizing reimbursement tracking for organizational expenses
- Systematizing and executing onboarding processes
- Systematizing reports and thank you letters to supporters and online donors
- Assisting with the diligence process for ongoing fundraising efforts
- Making sure that mRelief stays compliant with its financial management policies, procedures, and controls, as well as with restricted revenue and reporting
- Managing organizational forecasting and scenario planning
- HR Tracking
- Engaging in tasks that support team scale: logistics of office procurement
- You have at least 3 years of experience as an accounting professional
- You are well-versed in QuickBooks Online
- Have honed an expertise in operations and systematizing processes
- Be excited about learning a new skill
- Located in Chicago
- Interested in social impact, social services a plus
- Organized, detailed oriented, and computer literate
- Women and minorities encouraged to apply
- Having a CPA or MA in Accounting is a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a quick cover letter about your financial and operations background to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Given the current capacity of the organization, we will not be able to send individualized notes to all applicants. Applicants selected for an interview will be contacted before October 15, 2018.