Please note, this position can be remote with a few days in our Red Bank, NJ office.
We are looking for someone who is creative, driven, and passionate about events and fundraising. The Special Events Coordinator will assist with Move For Hunger’s key fundraising initiatives, including partner engagement opportunities, online fundraisers, seasonal campaigns, and Move For Hunger signature events (such as truck pulls). The ideal candidate is someone who will take a big idea and find a way to make it even bigger. Our events have the ability to educate and engage people about the issues of hunger and food waste while raising crucial funds to support our mission. This person will hit the ground running and help build upon the many campaigns already established. We are looking for someone to grow with our organization, and help us continue to build a new, sustainable solution to hunger. This role reports to the Senior Director of Corporate Partnerships.
- Guide & manage partners through the process of organizing signature events from kick off to event day-of logistics
- On-site contact and lead point of contact for day of events/run of show (in person & virtual)
- Pitch fundraising campaigns to members within & outside of Move For Hunger’s network; respond to incoming fundraiser sign-ups
- Create, manage, facilitate and execute fundraising events using multiple platforms
- Solicit Move For Hunger speaking roles at association events
- Collaborate with team members to create effective collateral and campaigns
- Assist with data entry and prospect research
- Provide recognition post event (and organize process for interns to complete)
- Act as liaison between Development, Marketing and Programming teams
- Ship materials & other supplies as needed for events
- Build relationships with members of the moving, relocation, and multifamily industries
- A self starter. You’re naturally ambitious and can see opportunities and run with them. You have no problem making cold-calls and can run a project from start to finish with little supervision.
- Cool under pressure. You don’t sweat the small stuff, or the big stuff, especially when it counts.
- Personable. You know how to work a crowd and are always full of energy and passion for the cause. You’re great at getting to know the people behind the accounts and have the contacts to prove it.
- Flexible. You’re comfortable with a number of evolving priorities, thrive in ambiguity, and are open to new ideas when opportunities present themselves.
- A hustler. There is no such thing as a crazy idea. You’re motivated to not only meet but exceed your goals and to grow Move For Hunger’s impact.
- A problem-solver. You use all the tools at your disposal to develop creative solutions and are skillful at managing change.
- An effective multi-tasker with professional demeanor. You know how to prioritize and can switch gears seamlessly without getting your feathers ruffled (or ruffling anyone else’s).
- Driven. We are looking for someone to not only expand our event offerings to help generate mission revenue but grow within the role.
- 2+ years event coordination and/or fundraising experience
- Articulate written and verbal communication when working with team members, internal support, and potential partners
- CRM experience preferred
- Advanced proficiency in MS office
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Must live in the metro NYC area and be able to travel 2x a week to Red Bank, NJ office as well as when duties dictate
- Must be willing to travel nationally for events
- Experience working for a non-profit organization
- Experience with Salesforce is a bonus!