InterAction is the largest U.S. based coalition of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) with nearly 190 members working around the world in low- and middle-income countries, fragile and post-conflict states, and emerging/growth economies. Member organizations are large and small, secular and faith-based, with a focus on people living in the world’s most poor and vulnerable places. The U.S. public, foundations, and governments support the work of our member NGOs that collectively invest and manage more than $15.4 billion a year. InterAction revenues come from dues, government grants, private foundation and corporate grants, and a growing fee-for-service program portfolio. Using its collective voice and convening power, InterAction seeks to shape important policy decisions and actions across a wide range of issues – including foreign assistance, humanitarian relief, development, economic equity, food security, and climate change – that advance human dignity, human potential, and self-determination.
InterAction is looking for a bright and organized Senior Administrative Associate to support the humanitarian team’s leadership in the management of support functions. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing complex and confidential administrative support, such as collating information from different team members for meeting preparation or tracking team grant budget projections and spending. This person will need to be a go-getter that will go above and beyond needs, helping to get thing done quickly for the vibrant and active humanitarian team.
· Provide administrative support to team for projects, travel, or other assignments as directed by the VP, with attentiveness to deadlines, identified issues, and action items that were assigned to others.
· Prioritize and manage multiple projects and assignments simultaneously, with an ability to follow through on issues and assignments in a timely manner.
· Support the Vice President, team Directors and grant focal points, in the management of team budget projections, including keeping HPP’s collated grant budget vs actual expense tracking up to date.
· Ensure responses to requests for information and assignments, as done directly or as collated from different team members, are complete and accurate, and that deadlines are understood and met.
· Assist in preparation of collated materials, including briefing materials, editing for style and content.
· Provide proposal and report writing support, as requested, with order, clarity, style, and consistent terminology.
· Work with HPP team members to review and adjust email distribution lists.
· Provide administrative and audio-visual support for and the Executives and Directors for sponsored meetings and other organizational conferences. Develop protocols; prepare conference materials, invitations, maps, agendas, facility planning, and compiling summary reports.
· Support with VP and director scheduling, as requested.
· Organize and monitor stock levels of a variety of office supplies and initiate restocking activities for the team.
· Schedule staff orientation and support recruitment.
· Going above and beyond your daily tasks to ensure team productivity.
· Bachelor’s degree required
· Demonstrated 3-5 years’ experience in a fast-paced environment
· Interest in NGO management
· Basic understand of grant management, preferably USAID grants.
· Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office, specifically high level of comfort with Excel
· Excellent organizational skills
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Effective planning and time managing skills
Expected Start Date
As soon as possible
Vice President, Humanitarian Policy and Practice
$47,500 - $51,500, plus a comprehensive benefits package
Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned as the project progresses.
InterAction is the largest U.S. based coalition of international nongovernmental organizations (NGOs) with nearly 190 members working around the world in low- and middle-income countries, fragile and post-conflict…
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Please e-mail your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line containing title HPP Senior Administrative Associate. Position will remain open until filled. Please note that incomplete applications will not be considered for this position. All applicants must be able to provide documentation that they are legally eligible to work in the United States for an extended period. Due to the volume of applications, only finalists will be notified.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin…