Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for youth, individuals, and families in underserved communities. Through various sector-based pathways, we offer programming that extends from high school equivalency programming to industry-certified training. OBT is funded through a mixture of government contracts, corporate and foundation grants, and private contributions. To learn more about our work, please visit www.obtjobs.org.
The Outreach and Marketing Specialist plays an integral role in promoting OBT’s mission and brand on a national, state, and local community level and will be responsible for developing multiple layers of engagement and marketing for the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Develop electronic and print communications (website, social media, and email, and flyers marketing campaigns) to assist with outreach and recruitment for programs as expressed by Communications team.
· Ensure that OBT maintains an online presence and social media strategy that remains fresh, builds upon social media trends, and advances the organization’s outreach and recruitment goals.
· Create copy and graphics for social media posts.
· Engage with potential participants, partner organizations, and other stakeholders on all social media platforms by responding to messages and commenting on posts, etc.
· Create and manage paid social media campaigns. Analyze success of campaigns as they run and afterwards to ensure effectiveness of strategies.
· Collaborate with Marketing Coordinator to utilize Google Analytics and other tools to measure and report on the performance of all digital campaigns and social media posts, as well as site traffic/usage activity.
· Ensure consistency of brand across all advertising, promotions, and communications across platforms.
· Responsible for weekly Partners/Outreach/Campaign emails
· Provide outreach and recruitment support for select sites and programs; work collaboratively to ensure program enrollment outcomes are met on a regular basis.
· Participate in community wide events (street fairs, festivals, etc.) to effectively promote all OBT programs.
· Assist with developing OBT’s outreach and recruitment strategy.
· Present OBT programs and services at various speaking engagements throughout the City.
· Follow up with confirmed Salesforce web inquiries/event contacts/partner referrals and direct to appropriate site/program.
· Screen interested candidates for program eligibility and coordinate with staff on the candidate’s next steps in the application process.
· Perform all other appropriate duties as assigned by supervisor and Director of Outreach & Community Partnerships
· Identify, develop, and execute strategies to enhance the organization’s social media presence.
· Measure and assess the effectiveness of marketing campaigns and outreach efforts.
· Work collaboratively with staff to execute communications strategy.
· Work effectively with a diverse range of participants with different obstacles to employability.
· Work as part of a team and be able to handle conflict situations.
· Generate viable leads from tabling and outreach events for all OBT programs.
· Convert potential applicants into program participants.
· Track organization referrals through Salesforce and update supervisor and referring organization on participants’ progress.
· Identify recruitment opportunities for OBT in assigned region.
· Reach out to organizations to provide information on upcoming registration opportunities.
Education and Experience
· Bachelor’s Degree; Communications, Marketing or Public Relations, Graphic Arts, majors a plus.
· 3+ years’ related work experience
· Experience in designing and/or executing communications/outreach strategies.
· Experience in developing and carrying out successful social media campaigns.
Why You Should Join Us
· Salary in the range of $48,000 – $50,000 + full competitive benefits
· Growth orientated, entrepreneurial work environment that pairs high accountability with high support
· We are a passionate and motivated staff excited to propel NYC’s young adult communities
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at OBT, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, sexual orientation/affectional preference, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Opportunities for a Better Tomorrow (OBT) exists to break the cycle of poverty and inequity through education, job training, and employment. OBT’s programs operate out of multiple locations and serve as a bridge to economic opportunity for…