Associate Director, Entrepreneurial Services
- Job posted by Women's Business Development Center, Chicago, Illinois
Details: Salary range $50,000 - $60,000, commensurate with experience.
1 University Parkway
Associate Director, Entrepreneurial Services and
Associate Director, Illinois SBDC at WBDC (GSU)
The Women’s Business Development Center (WBDC) is a nationally recognized 501(c)3 economic development organization with 32 years of successful experience assisting women establish and grow sustainable businesses that create jobs and fuel economic growth. The organization delivers business development programs and services throughout the greater Chicago area and certifies women owned businesses and offers procurement services in a nine state Midwest region.
The Entrepreneurial Training Program provides relevant counseling and training to prospective and emerging entrepreneurs in all aspects of market feasibility, business development, and operations management. Acute attention is given to financial management and access to capital.
The Associate Director, Entrepreneurial Services/Associate Director, of Illinois SBDC at WBDC is responsible for supporting the day-to-day management and operations of the Illinois SBDC at WBDC. The position will also provide direct client service to Entrepreneurial and Established Business clients through advising and workshops, primarily at Governors State University.
REPORTS TO: Managing Director of Entrepreneurial Services
· Provide direct business advice and training to entrepreneurs and small business owners
· Conduct and prepare financial analyses for small businesses, including financial projections
· Assist clients with debt and equity placement with external partners, including traditional and non-traditional financial institutions and platforms
· Help plan and coordinate programs and services consistent with the goals and objectives of the Illinois Small Business Development Center
- Develop workshop topics, organize and facilitate workshops, and identify subject matter experts
- Manage marketing, outreach and recruitment for GSU events and training sessions
· Represent the WBDC at trade shows and access to capital events through networking, teaching, and public speaking
· Respond to proposals, create budgets and forecasts, and pursue fundraising opportunities for the GSU office
· Maintain relationships and solicit feedback from stakeholders as to program effectiveness
· Cultivate relationships with financial institutions and manage information regarding lending requirements
· Manage projects as assigned by the Managing Director of Entrepreneurial Services
REQUIRED SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in business, economics, or other relevant field
· Formal bank credit training program preferred
· 4-6 years of experience in small business management or business consulting experience
· Excellent communication skills, including public speaking
· Highly proficient with Microsoft Office Suite
The Women’s Business Development Center is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Further information on the WBDC is available at www.WBDC.org.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume by e-mail to:
Women’s Business Development Center
8 South Michigan Ave., 4th Floor, Chicago, IL 60603