Volunteer and Employee Engagement Coordinator
- Job posted by Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program
780 Albany Street
Summary of Position:
BHCHP’s Human Resources team is seeking a highly organized, creative and enthusiastic individual to coordinate all aspects of our volunteer program as well as partner with our employee recruitment staff on developing outreach and engagement strategies to reach more potential employees and volunteers.
The Volunteer and Employee Engagement Coordinator will introduce the work of BHCHP to a wider audience of individuals and community organizations. Volunteers, both individuals and groups, can also prove to be an effective recruitment source for future employees, and can serve as potent public relations advocates.
- Partners with department managers to create ongoing volunteer opportunities for both individuals and groups, as well as short-term internships; identifies volunteer opportunities and establishes recruitment and placement priorities
- Develops strategies for recruiting new volunteers and volunteer groups, including drafting, preparing, and updating recruitment materials in print and for our website
- Interviews, selects and places appropriate individuals in existing volunteer and intern roles.
- Maintains effective communication with ongoing and one-time volunteer groups, including pre-event scheduling and post-event appreciation.
- Manages the onboarding process for volunteers and interns including communication, CORI checks, immunization records, references, etc.
- Develops and leads regular orientation sessions for volunteers and interns
- Designs an annual Volunteer Appreciation event or recognition activity; plans and implements a brown bag lunch educational series for summer interns
- Provides guidance, support, and resources to volunteers and interns
- Manages the volunteer services budget.
- Conducts monthly and annual monitoring, assessment and maintenance of the volunteer management system for accuracy and timely information
- Collaborates with Development Department, as needed, regarding corporate volunteer opportunities and in-kind donations
- Oversees BHCHP’s partnership with Boston Cares; Boston College’s PULSE and 4Boston; Simmons Hand to Hand; colleges and universities; and faith-based organizations, etc.
- Supports and supervises two AmeriCorps Patient Activities Coordinators (PACs)
- PACs tasked with developing, coordinating, implementing, and leading a variety of programs and groups for BHCHP’s patients recuperating in our two medical respite facilities
- Approves bi-weekly timesheets and engage in member evaluation
- Communicates with patients around schedules, and actively solicits and responds to feedback
- Orders and maintains supplies to support Patient Activities program
- Oversees BHCHP’s partnership Boston Medical Center’s Healing Paws Program
- Provides supervision and guidance to handlers and dogs during visits
- Oversees BHCHP’s partnership with common cathedral
- Provides support to common cathedral’s pastor during spiritual care visits
- Explores new activities and partnerships to benefit BHCHP’s patients
- The Volunteer Coordinator and the Community Service Program Manager work together and provide support and cross-coverage as needed.
Employee Engagement Coordinator
- Develops strategies for recruiting new employees, including drafting, preparing, and updating recruitment print and web materials; actively enhances our social media presence. Creates communication programs that effectively describe and promote the organization to potential candidates.
- Creates compelling job postings
- Works with the HR Director and Recruitment team to explore creative and fiscally appropriate sourcing options, including, but not limited to social media, career fairs, and university relations; takes the lead in coordinating and staffing recruitment events.
- Creates and executes a plan for reaching out to former employees about open positions in an effort to tap into their networks.
- Researches and recommends new sources for active and passive candidate recruiting and research new recruiting strategies on an ongoing basis.
- Collaborates with the HR staff on the selection and implementation of an Applicant Tracking System
- Manages employee referral program
- Understands the complete recruitment and onboarding process; assists recruitment team as needed in screening, selection and onboarding; makes recommendations for improvements.
- Works with HR team to seek efficiencies in volunteer and employee recruitment, orientation, training and ongoing support.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or changed to meet program needs.
AmeriCorps Patient Activities Coordinators.
- Strong understanding of and commitment to, the mission of Boston Health Care for the Homeless Program and the ability to communicate that to volunteers and potential employees.
- Possess excellent interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Capacity to manage multiple projects and deadlines
- Ability to work as a team member; willing to pitch–in and collaborate
- Computer proficiency in Windows, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to learn new software
Experience and Education:
Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1-3 years of related experience, or high school education and 4 years related experience.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
BHCHP employees that are interested in this position should notify Human Resources in writing within 10 days of posting date.
How to apply: Send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com (strongly preferred). Please put “Volunteer and Employee Engagement Coordinator” in the subject line. Please include your cover letter in the body of the email. Attach your resume in Word format. If you are unable to email, please fax documents to (857) 654-1095 or mail them to BHCHP - HR, 780 Albany Street, Boston, MA 02118
An Equal Opportunity Employer