120 South LaSalle Street, Suite 900
LAF makes equal justice a reality and gets people back on track. For 50 years, LAF (formerly called Legal Assistance Foundation) has provided free legal assistance in non-criminal issues to people living in poverty in metropolitan Chicago. LAF’s more than 150 full-time attorneys, volunteers, and staff help resolve legal problems, including domestic violence, consumer fraud, and unfair evictions. Our work stabilizes lives by increasing safety; protecting economic security; and preventing homelessness. In addition to representing individuals in court and administrative hearings, we run community legal clinics, provide know-your-rights workshops, and work with community-based organizations to address emerging issues as well as persistent and chronic problems that affect low-income families. Our work impacts more than 30,000 people each year.
The Associate Director of External Relations works under the direct supervision of the Chiefof External Relations.
· Create and implement all individual donor appeals including via direct mail, email, social media;
· Create and manage all fundraising events
· Function as staff liaison to Young Professionals Board and work with them to set and achieve their goals
· Manages fundraising and marketing content on the website and in all social media;
· Create (including graphics) all marketing materials – annual reports, case statements, donor cultivation tools, donor recognition, sponsorship graphics, newsletters (both mailed and emailed), blog on website, invitations to events etc.;
· Identify and work with Chiefof External Relations to hire outside marketing experts as needed for videos, photography etc. and oversee their work;
· Create all donor stewardship materials;
· Responsible for all database management, gift processing, gift recognition, donor correspondence and mailings;
· Supervise VISTAs and any other volunteers working in the marketing area;
· Work with the Major Gifts Manager and Chief of External Relations to obtain event sponsorships;
· Such other duties as are reasonably related to the fundraising and marketing/communications efforts of LAF.Qualifications:
Must have at least a Bachelor’s Degree and at least four years of fundraising/marketing experience. Must have extensive graphic design experience and expertise in software programs for graphics. Must be an excellent writer and able to juggle multiple tasks at one time. Must have exceptional inter-personal skills; be a self-starter as well as a team player. Event experience a plus as is knowledge of etapestry donor database. Must have a proven track record of successful marketing/fundraising initiatives and be able to direct volunteers and outside consultants. Creativity essential as is attention to detail.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information of two professional references by May 2, 2018 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Be sure to write “Associate Director of External Relations” in the subject line of your e-mail. No phone calls, please.
LAF IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF DISABILITY