Position: Managing Director of Sales
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Based anywhere in the U.S.
At PowerMyLearning, we believe that students are most successful when supported by a triangle of strong learning relationships between students, teachers, and families. We partner with schools and districts nationwide to transform teaching and family engagement through innovative coaching and workshops, and through our award-winning digital platform, PowerMyLearning Connect. As a non-profit, PowerMyLearning is especially committed to students from low-income communities, students with learning differences, and English Language Learners. Learn more by visiting www.powermylearning.org.
The Managing Director of Sales will lead the organization’s efforts to grow district and school sales in the United States outside of the organization’s four core operating regions. (The four core operating regions of Los Angeles, San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, and Atlanta, are managed by locally-based PowerMyLearning teams.) This is an executive-level position in a 20-year old non-profit with a terrific reputation and strong financials. The organization has received support from many of the best-known foundations and has a strong history of generating earned revenue from schools and districts in our regions.
The Managing Director of Sales will join the organization at an important moment in its trajectory, with our groundbreaking Family Playlists™ innovation now taking off (see this recent New York Times article). PowerMyLearning is committed to the success of the educators we serve and is hearing inspiring feedback from the field: for example, a 15-year veteran math teacher said that Family Playlists had “opened a new door to my life as a teacher” by helping her students learn the material better and by helping her feel closer to them and their families.
This position is ideal for someone with sales experience in K12 education technology or services who loves the challenge of building a new pipeline and closing. This Managing Director of Sales will report to the CEO & Co-Founder and be a core member of the Officers Team, which includes the President and two other Managing Directors. This position will engage with an advisory sales and marketing task force PowerMyLearning has assembled that is comprised of K12 EdTech experts, including senior executives who have worked at Amplify and Pearson. This position currently has one direct-line report. The role can be based anywhere in the U.S. and significant travel will be required.
- Grow district and school sales nationally (i.e. outside of the organization’s core operating regions) to meet or exceed annual targets for revenue and number of partner schools by personally cultivating relationships from initial contact to closing
- Implement best-practices to generate sales leads, nurture prospects, and manage opportunities
- Forecast revenue goals and capacity demands; manage sales pipeline
- Inform and help shape product, service offerings, and marketing strategy based on assessing partner needs and the K12 landscape
- Leverage K12 education conferences and events to secure key meetings and generate leads
- Establish partnerships with associations and organizations that can influence key decision-makers, with the support of the President and CEO as needed
- Engage with PowerMyLearning’s advisory sales and marketing task force that is comprised of K12 EdTech experts, including senior executives who have worked at Amplify and Pearson.
- Share learnings about sales strategies with peers in PowerMyLearning’s regional offices
- Passion for PowerMyLearning’s mission
- At least three years of experience and a track record of success in sales in K-12 education technology or services, including closing district sales
- Ability to generate and nurture sales prospects from identification to close
- Strong interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and with minimal oversight
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior experience as an educator in a K-12 setting
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
Compensation will be highly competitive and commensurate with experience. PowerMyLearning also offers a generous benefits package.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
PowerMyLearning is an equal opportunity employer. PowerMyLearning strives to practice and champion inclusiveness in our communities, and we aim to honor the diverse strengths, needs, voices, and backgrounds of all members of our communities. Candidates from traditionally marginalized communities are especially encouraged to apply
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates can apply by visiting https://powermylearning.applicantpro.com/jobs/. You will need to submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter (outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position, salary expectations, and how you heard about this opportunity).