The Brooklyn Hospital Foundation supports the vision and mission of The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) – one of the oldest and last remaining community hospitals in Brooklyn – by raising funds for new medical programs, cutting-edge treatment technologies, and comfort-enhancing improvements for our patients. In 2020, TBHC will celebrate its 175th anniversary, which presents the Foundation with an exciting opportunity to raise our visibility, gain new supporters and accelerate fundraising efforts.
The Development Assistant is an essential member of the Development team who maintains the Foundation’s donor database and communications files relating to fundraising events and programs, as well as providing administrative support to the department. The ideal candidate is a self-starter, proficient with data entry and analysis, detail-oriented, and possesses solid project management skills with an aptitude for problem-solving. This is an excellent opportunity for someone interested in a career in non-profit.
· Assist the Foundation Team in all fundraising efforts
· Support the production of 3-6 special events annually
· Participate in a variety of creative fundraising projects and strategy
· Manage the Raiser’s Edge Donor Database through accurate and timely gift entry, maintenance of donor records, and solicitation tracking
· Generate a variety of donor reports, campaign analytics, and mailing lists
· Prepare all donor acknowledgement letters and coordinate donor recognition and incentives programs
· Reconcile financial reports, maintain budgets, track grant awards/expenses, and process invoices and check requests
· Perform administrative duties for the Foundation including, but not limited to schedule and provide support during meetings, assemble mailings, order stationery and supplies, and organize files and documents
· Interface with, and develop relationships with Hospital personnel, hospital vendors, trustees and donors
The ideal candidate should have:
· Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
· Experience with Raiser’s Edge and prior nonprofit experience preferred
· Strong proficiency in computer applications, particularly Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
· Strong attention to detail and highly organized
· High level of diplomacy and discretion in dealing with donors and confidential information
Team members here enjoy a stimulating work setting and competitive salaries and benefits. For consideration, please apply online at www.tbh.org/careers and use requisition #6396. We are an equal opportunity employer.
The Brooklyn Hospital Foundation supports the vision and mission of The Brooklyn Hospital Center (TBHC) – one of the oldest and last remaining community hospitals in Brooklyn – by raising funds for new medical programs, cutting-edge…