Fairmount Park Conservancy exists to champion Philadelphia’s parks. We lead capital projects and historic preservation efforts, foster neighborhood park stewardship, attract and leverage investments, and develop innovative programs throughout the 10,200 acres that include Fairmount Park and more than 100 neighborhood parks around the city. Philadelphia’s extensive urban park system provides residents with health, environmental, social, economic and cultural benefits – including access to some of the region’s most famous attractions.
Fairmount Park Conservancy (the Conservancy) seeks an Associate Director of Corporate Relations to manage its corporate giving program. This position is primarily responsible for advancing an aggressive fundraising strategy with major corporations for philanthropic support and sponsorship of the Conservancy’s operations, projects and programs; including the identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of corporate supporters. This position works closely with the Senior Director of Development and the Executive Director to implement mutually beneficial strategies that advance the Conservancy’s corporate support priorities. The incumbent will also collaborate with staff across the organization to identify sponsorship opportunities and assist in deliver sponsorship benefits.
- Develop and implement a pro-active annual strategy to meet the organization’s goals for both unrestricted and restricted support
- Cultivate and directly solicit corporate prospects through in-person meetings, electronic communications, and print materials
- Manage relationships with current and potential corporate supporters, including cultivation and stewardship
- Create and maintain corporate prospect lists for Conservancy programs, events, and projects, with a specific focus on raising funds for operating support, Park Stewardship, Oval, Love Park, in addition to special event sponsorship's
- Research and analyze the current sponsorship landscape, work with Conservancy staff and board to find and utilize existing connections, and reach out to establish new connections
- Oversee benefit activation for corporate supporters
- Maintain accurate records for corporate donors in paper files and in Raiser’s Edge
- Oversee proper and accurate gift receipting and ensure compliance with tax deductibility policies
- Work collaboratively with staff across the organization to identify sponsorship opportunities, and match them to potential partners
- Work with marketing staff on sponsorship fulfillment and to produce brochures, advertisements, and digital communications to support corporate development goals
- Prepare profiles, briefings, and other documents for Conservancy leadership to facilitate the corporate solicitation process as requested
- Network with prospects and donors at Conservancy events
- Bachelor's degree required
- 4 to 6 years of progressive experience in fundraising, frontline sales, or equivalent combination
- Corporate fundraising and prospect research experience is strongly preferred. Knowledge of the corporate philanthropy landscape is an advantage
- Candidate must demonstrate exceptional communication skills and a track record of success, which is necessary given the varied portfolio of prospects with which this position works
- Candidate must also demonstrate confidence and experience with direct, face-to-face solicitation of donors/constituents, as well as a driven, results-oriented approach
- Other requirements include strong organizational, interpersonal, writing, and time management skills; attention to detail; and the ability to respect and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred, but not required
- Interest in and commitment to the mission of the Conservancy
Salary for this position is competitive and commensurate with experience. The Conservancy offers a generous benefits package including health, dental, and vision, as well as life, disability and retirement plans.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a formal letter of interest, resume, three work related references and salary requirements attached as either PDF or Word documents to email@example.com with “Associate Director of Corporate Relations” in the subject line. Submissions without a letter of interest and salary requirements will not be considered.
Please, no phone calls or mailed applications. Deadline for application is Friday, September 14th. Applications submitted after this date will not be considered.