2275 Research Boulevard
The Westminster Ingleside Foundation is dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for the residents of our three Ingleside continuing care retirement communities (Ingleside at Rock Creek, Westminster at Lake Ridge, and Ingleside at King Farm), respecting their individuality and dignity, and insuring our residents have a welcoming and supportive home throughout their lifetime.
The Westminster Ingleside Foundation began in 1906 with the founding of the Presbyterian Home of the District of Columbia (now called Ingleside at Rock Creek). This legacy of support provides housing and life services to residents who through no fault of their own have "outlived" their personal resources and can no longer afford the cost of living.
We have an exciting opening for an Associate Director of Development. The Associate Director of Development position is responsible for conceptualizing, developing and facilitating the implementation of projects related to fostering and supporting the growth and work of the Westminster Ingleside Foundation, including fostering a commitment to giving and community relations within the Ingleside continuing care retirement communities and the greater communities we serve. The Associate Director of Development is required to work successfully with representatives from our various communities, organizations and neighborhoods with respect to the diverse populations and cultures that Ingleside serves and seeks to serve. This position strives to achieve fulfillment of its philanthropic and community relations mission to the greatest extent practicable.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are typically Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. Evening and weekend work will be required as job duties demand to support philanthropic and community relations events, including potential to work on scheduled holidays if needed to support events.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Plan, manage coordinate and evaluate annual giving programs.
2. Maintain and grow the database of current and potential donors; utilize data to track donations, report on trends and identify new philanthropic opportunities.
3. Use best practices to accurately record and appropriately acknowledge all gifts.
4. Conduct research to find new foundations, individuals, and corporations that may be willing to fund Foundation or other Ingleside-related programs.
5. Write and submit grant proposals.
6. Develop and promote community relations opportunities that support Ingleside/Foundation mission, vision and values.
7. Work with Ingleside community marketing departments to utilize expertise and identify potential donors and community exposure events.
8. Serve as primary owner of Foundation communications, including preparing annual report for Foundation, coordinating the periodic Development office newsletter, taking photographs for articles. Develop Foundation publications as necessary, managing vendor relationships with graphic artist and printer resources. Write articles for Westminster Ingleside Foundation newsletters.
9. Represent the Foundation at meetings within and outside the organization.
10. Collaborate and coordinate with other internal departments as needed. Serve as the key representative of the Foundation for resident relations. Arrange, attend, and write minutes for IRC/WLR/IKF Development Committee meetings and other groups as required. Assist Development Committee Chairperson with materials required for the meetings. Solicit new members for Committee when necessary. Refer to Executive Director the residents who are interested in making a major donation. Identify and arrange events, seminars, and/or speakers that may be of interest to Ingleside constituents, including current and prospective residents, donors/potential donors and relevant community groups.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Knowledge of how to develop and maintain an organization's philanthropic reach and brand within the community.
- Skill in strategic thinking and ability to successfully manage and implement multiple projects concurrently.
- Skill in written and verbal communications.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Ability to work effectively through others.
- Ability to energetically advance teams.
- Ability to advance organization's strategic plans through daily work.
- Ability to set and reach individual and team goals.
- Ability to participate in professional organizations and community groups and speak on behalf of the Foundation.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, with frequent travel to Ingleside communities throughout the work day, although some out-of-the-area and overnight travel may be expected. Must have own automobile and/or provide own transportation to travel between three Westminster Ingleside Communities or to community/Foundation events as required.
Required Education and Experience
A bachelor's degree and a minimum of five (5) years of progressively increasing levels of responsibility and experience in fund-raising, development, and community relations work in a non-profit charitable organization OR any appropriate and equivalent combination of education and experience within related areas of operation.
Demonstrated success with designing and delivering effective communications to potential donor populations and community groups is required.
Proficiency with use of Microsoft Office required; prior experience with fundraising software (Raiser's Edge) and graphic design software strongly desired.
As an employer committed to Equal Employment Opportunity, Ingleside recruits, hires, and promotes qualified persons in all job classifications without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ethnic origin, disability, genetic information, covered veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
If you possess the combination of education and experience, take accountability for your actions, treat everyone with respect, are a good steward of resources and assets, are innovative and always strive for excellence we would be honored to review your cover letter and resume. Please attach a resume and cover letter with your application.
Full Time Benefit Package Available
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit cover letter along with your resume.