Start Date: September 2020
Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in progress or completed in the field of education preferred, High School Diploma or equivalent required.
11:30AM–4PM, Monday through Friday, non negotiable. This is a Part-Time position with no benefits.
Experience & Skills
- Experience teaching, interacting and working with children of varied ages
- Supervising youth and representing positive role modeling through all interactions with program participants
- Knowledge of child development
- Support lead teacher to promote student learning
- Skill in classroom management and developing lesson plans
- Flexible to the needs of the classroom environment
- Motivated self-starter.
- Keeping confidences, loyalties and practice professionalism.
- Work in partnership with teachers to establish goals for each student and assist with small group instruction.
- Keep open lines of communication with teachers and other pertinent staff.
- Lead a small group activity for each tutoring session based on student need
- Assist in conducting assessment of students
- Supervise children during lunch, recess, and dismissal duties
- Complete other tasks as assigned by supervisor