1126 16th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges
the social, economic, and political barriers that affect Latinos at the national and local levels. For 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our country stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
UnidosUS is seeking a Content Coordinator to elevate stories from its Affiliate Network, a collection of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the country that provide services to Latinos. The candidate will help the Marketing and Communications team (Marcomm) and the Affiliate Engagement team integrate the Affiliates’ stories and experiences in all of UnidosUS’s communications strategies. This is a multifaceted role that includes developing relationships with the Affiliates (including occasionally traveling for in-person meetings), collecting and tracking information and stories, and creating content across various channels. The Content Coordinator will report directly to the Senior Content Specialist and will frequently work with the Senior Director of Affiliate Engagement. The position will preferably be based in UnidosUS’s Washington, DC headquarters office, but may also be based in a field office in Chicago, New York City, Miami, San Antonio, Phoenix, or Los Angeles.
• Serve as a bridge between Affiliate Engagement and Marcomm, actively participating on both teams with the intention of improving the integration of the Affiliate Network in all communications efforts.
• Serve as the point person on the Marcomm team for all things Affiliate Engagement and vice versa, and ensure that UnidosUS Affiliate Engagement priorities and initiatives come to life across all Marcomm efforts.
• Track all Affiliate-related activities and programs that align with UnidosUS organizational priorities and Marcomm initiatives with the intention of story mining and telling Affiliate stories that promote the network.
• Identify opportunities to elevate Affiliate expertise, voice, and solutions that align with UnidosUS organizational, policy, and program priorities.
• Lead the creation of Affiliate-related communications and marketing ideas, including but not limited to blog posts and web stories, news releases and press announcements, videos, Facebook Live, and social media content.
• Identify, create, and update list of top Affiliate spokespeople and “best-in-class” Affiliate organizations across various issues and topics that align with current UnidosUS strategies.
• Serve as an advocate for Affiliate communication needs including coordinating media and social media training, media landscape updates, blog writing workshops, etc.
• Be the onsite Marcomm representative at any major Affiliate-related event, such as regional meetings.
• Proactively share UnidosUS Marcomm resources such as talking points, message maps, social media toolkits, press statements, and publications with the Affiliate Network.
• Actively create social media content related to Affiliate stories and/or the Affiliate Network based on UnidosUS social media guidelines.
• Occasionally develop media pitch letters about Affiliate stories under the direction of the Media Relations team.
• Occasionally develop blog stories under the direction of the Editorial Content team.
• Track all Affiliate co-branding efforts and compliance.
• Develop reports that track all Marcomm efforts related to Affiliates.
• Handle other duties as assigned.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish required.
• B.A. or B.S. required and 3–5 years of professional work experience in related fields, such as: relationship management, case management, nonprofit work, communication and marketing, social responsibility, community development.
• Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills.
• Proven networking, public relations, community relations, and communication skills.
• Strong project management skills.
• Strong written and oral communication in representing UnidosUS to different audiences.
• Superior writing skills, with the ability to develop blogs, social media messaging, and visuals, and edit high-quality press materials, executive correspondence, and presentations.
• Must have the ability to manage multiple tasks, prioritize among assignments, meet deadlines, and follow up; must be organized and have high attention to detail.
• High degree of creativity, vision, and resourcefulness.
• Ability to work independently as well as to contribute to team’s collective goals.
• Ability to span two teams and keep colleagues updated on developing projects.
• Willingness and ability to travel. The position will preferably be based at UnidosUS’s Washington DC office, with regional travel required for work with community-based organizations across the country and to UnidosUS regional and national events.
• Must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
Please note: Only applicants who submit a cover letter and writing sample along with a résumé will be considered. Please include “Content Coordinator” in the subject line.
SEND COVER LETTER, WRITING SAMPLE, AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
Raul Yzaguirre Building
Attn: John Marth
1126 16th Street, NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036-4845
No phone calls please!
Minimum Education Required