Details: Salary is $45,000-$50,000 commensurate with experience.
321 North Clark Street, MS 17.1
The mission of the National Association of Women Lawyers is to provide leadership, a collective voice, and essential resources to advance women in the legal profession and advocate for the equality of women under the law. Since 1899, NAWL has been empowering women in the legal profession, cultivating a diverse membership dedicated to equality, mutual support, and collective success. For more information regarding NAWL, please visit www.nawl.org.
· Organizes and implements membership retention and recruitment campaigns, working with staff Graphic Designer and Marketing Director.
· Applies current scholarship on member recruitment and engagement strategies to expand membership base and increase name recognition.
· Develops relationships with key members and sponsors to grow them into word of mouth marketers for the organization.
· Develops relationships with potential members to expand membership base and increase name recognition.
· Develops talking points and marketing pieces about the benefits of membership and engagement for key stakeholders.
· Serves as the main contact for membership and other inquiries online or by phone.
· Develops and distributes automated communications to active and inactive members.
· Maintains and analyzes individual and institutional membership data including complimentary memberships through sponsorship.
· Tracks effectiveness of member engagement programs and projects, including online member engagement.
· Communicates opportunities for new and renewing members to get involved in NAWL work.
· Initiates regular communications with member leaders and staff, including reporting on goals, progress, and results.
· Supports the development of webinar, teleconference, and small scale in-person programming through NAWL’s Practice Area Affinity Groups; convenes regular teleconferences of Practice Area Affinity Groups and provides post-call reports; works with committee leaders to set meeting agendas and PAAG strategic goals.
· Leverage the Affinity Groups as a recruitment tool for the organization and a development opportunity for NAWL volunteers with potential to be future NAWL leaders.
· Work with committee to develop charitable networking events to engage regional membership.
· Develop content through PAAGs and broader membership for the Women Lawyers Journal.
· Serves as liaison to membership, publications, webinar/book club, mentorship, and all practice area affinity group committees with the ability to identify goals and metrics for the committees, empower volunteer teams to meet those goals, provide research required to move forward, and track the effectiveness of their work.
· Travels to and helps manage certain conferences.
Skills and Abilities Preferred
· At least 3 years of experience in membership development and recruitment
· Work supporting professional committees
· Excellent customer service experience
· Excellent project management skills
· Mastery of database systems and membership tracking systems
· Excellent written and oral communication skills
· Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills
· Proven ability to work productively with a team
· Technical skills to include: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, HTML, and association management systems
Health benefits, disability coverage, paid time off, and partial dental benefits are provided.
Level of Language Proficiency
Must have bachelor’s degree from a four-year university. Training or experience in associations and/or volunteer or member-based non-profit management desired.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter and resume via email to:
National Association of Women Lawyers
No phone calls, please.
NAWL is an equal opportunity employer. It does not discriminate in hiring on the basis of race, gender, age, disability, religion, national origin, sexual orientation or identity, veteran status or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. It welcomes diverse perspectives.