Details: Commensurate with Experience
1000 Dean Street
viBe Theater Experience
What We Do:
viBe Theater Experience (viBe) provides girls (ages 13-19) and young women (ages 18-24) of color in New York City with free, high quality artistic, academic, and leadership opportunities. viBe works to empower underserved girls to write, perform, and produce original theater, video and music about real-life issues they face daily. viBe's programs provide the platform to "speak truth to power" by creating an artistic response to the world around them. To learn more about viBe go to: https://viBetheater.org/
viBe is seeking an Operations Manager.
viBe seeks a full-time Operations Manager to run its day-to-day operations and to market viBe’s In-School Residencies and Professional Development offerings. The Operations Manager will manage viBe’s daily operations, and help to manage finance, reporting, compliance, and billing. The Operations Manager will also liaison with viBe’s Bookkeeper. Additionally, the Operations Manager will market viBe’s suite of Professional Development offerings to schools, community based organizations, and partner networks. This position works in collaboration with the Executive Director, Program Staff, Development Associate to oversee operations and infrastructure. We’re seeking a team member who understands how effective social justice work is served by transparency, time management, and attention to detail!
In 2018, our 15th year, viBe’s priorities include increased programming to serve systems involved youth, formalizing pipelines for leadership opportunities throughout the organization, and strengthening organizational infrastructure.
As an organization, viBe seeks to be reflective of the politics and ethics of our programs throughout every aspect of our operations. Join a team that values the arts, girls and young women of color, social action, creative problem-solving, and a lively work environment.
Areas of Responsibility Include:
Office and Administrative Management
Day-to-day, the Operations Manager is responsible for the smooth functioning of our office. This will include:
- Oversight of recruitment for programs, and on-going communication between viBe and participants, family members, organizational partners, and teaching artist faculty.
- Managing organizational insurance, legal filings, contracts and vendor relationships;
- Ordering supplies for both the office and viBe’s programs, and generally maintaining the office;
- Booking space for all programs and events as needed;
- Managing and assessing internal protocols around materials and resources; and
- Ensuring accurate internal data management and effective organizational systems.
The Operations Manager will support in maintaining viBe’s financial health. This will be achieved by:
- Processing all donations, grants and other income;
- Managing payment of bills, including receiving and processing invoices, creating and sending invoices, and managing accounts payable and receivable;
- Providing information for annual audit.
- Managing requests for budget updates or donor information.
Earned Income/For-fee Services Management
This will entail:
- Marketing viBe’s suite of Professional Development offerings to schools, community based organizations, funders, and partner organizations.
- Oversee payment schedule and issue invoices/payments for consultants and contractors, and maintain proper documentation;
- Volunteer recruitment
- Volunteer management at events
- Sending thank-you notes to donors;
- Helping with fundraising and community-building events;
- Preparing materials for programs; and
- Joining in advocacy and outreach events
- B.A. degree required
- A minimum of five years of nonprofit management experience
- Strong commitment to the arts as a tool for social change/personal transformation.
- Comfort working within communities of color.
- Strong financial management experience (fiscal/audit processes, reporting, budgeting)
- Utilize their successful relationships to maximize our efficiency as a network.
- Commitment to addressing issues that affect girls and women of color, such as: racism, sexism, misogynoir, police brutality, sexual harassment, and more.
Ideal candidate has:
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with diverse stakeholders
- Experience with:
- Fiscal Management
- Contact databases
- Project management
- Spreadsheets and formulas!
- Experience within arts and/or social justice communities
- While formal training in arts administration can be a plus, relevant experience and intent to develop in this field are more important.
- Schedule is 32-40 hours/week, to be negotiated with candidate. This position also includes attendance at some performances on weekday evenings. viBe values flexibility; staff can work from home up to one day per week, as appropriate.
Salary and benefits:
- Full-time equivalent salary range is $45,000-$48,000, based on experience.
- Benefits include employee-sponsored health plan. We also offer staff professional development opportunities.
- Apply here with your resume; a cover letter that addresses your qualifications and motivation for applying; and at least 2 professional references.
Send resume and cover letter to: us@viBeTheater.org attn.: Operations Manager position
Deadline to apply: November 15, 2018
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY POLICY STATEMENT
viBe Theater Experience is an equal opportunity employer and strongly encourages all interested and qualified applicants to apply. viBe does not discriminate based on age, race, gender identity, sexual orientation, housing status, disability, or previous incarceration.
Benefits include employee-sponsored health plan after 3 month probationary period. We also offer staff professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish a plus
Minimum Education Required