Details: GEO offers a competitive salary ($40ks)
1725 Desales Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The membership assistant is a core part of GEO’s membership team, helping support the health of GEO’s growing and vibrant membership base. The membership assistant reports to the Director of Member Engagement and is responsible for leading the member renewal process, working to ensure member renewals across our 600+ member organizations. To support strong renewal rates, the membership assistant is responsible for sending out renewal notices, conducting follow up, processing payments and keeping the member database up to date, as well as supporting the membership team in reinforcing, and developing ways to enhance, the value proposition of being a part of the GEO community. As the front-line customer service contact for members, the membership assistant works with members to help them access members-only content and to offer connections to relevant resources. Additionally, the membership assistant will provide administrative support to GEO leadership. The membership assistant will also identify opportunities to support GEO in achieving its internal objectives in the areas of culture, racial equity and organizational structure and talent. Ideal candidates will be analytical, focused on customer service, detail oriented, and goal driven.
If you were working with us, here are some of the things you would have done last week:
· Distributed September renewal materials to 35 members using GEO’s renewal software programs and conducted follow up with August and July renewing members
· Worked with colleagues to identify needed Salesforce fields and data to send mail merged communications regarding an upcoming membership contributions increase
· Pulled a mailing list and sent invitations to prospective members inviting them to a board-hosted breakfast in New York City
· Had a conversation with the director on how GEO could offer online payment options for its renewals
· Responded to an email from a GEO member looking for our latest publication or other resources on supporting nonprofit leadership development
· Participated in a conversation with other assistants about how GEO’s culture can best support organizational goals
· One to three years of relevant work experience, including internships, preferably within nonprofit or philanthropic organizations
· Demonstrated ability to follow structured processes and manage workflows that involve interruptions and multiple projects moving forward at the same time
· Motivated to follow up with and reach out to members as needed to ensure renewals that help the organization meet financial goals
· Customer service experience being the front-line contact for questions and issues, and a proven ability to turn problems into solutions
· Experience with a CRM database (Salesforce experience preferred)
· Experience communicating in different formats and with people of diverse backgrounds and work styles
· A basic understanding of how people and organizations change and the ability to be adaptable
· Any experience advancing diversity, equity and/or inclusion
GEO offers a generous benefits package, including 100 percent employer paid health insurance, three weeks of vacation, twelve sick days, a 7 percent employer retirement contribution, a commitment to professional development and growth, along with a Metro accessible location in downtown D.C.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter to email@example.com with the subject line: GEO Membership Assistant. We will accept applications until the position is filled. Priority will be given to applications received by August 17, 2018. In your cover letter please address the following:
· Where did you see you the position posted?
· Why are you a good fit for this position?
· How you worked with a team to accomplish a goal?
· What appeals to you about working at GEO?