Details: Wednesdays and Fridays Full Day Rate: $275 and Thursdays Half Day Rate:$175
Are you able to capture a whole room’s attention? Do you thrive when thinking on the spot to resolve a problem? Are you great at communicating and getting students excited about what you are teaching? Are you a great multi-tasker?
Creative Connections is looking for incredibly dynamic and engaging in-class and after school Music Teacher for the 2018-2019 school year at MS 343 in the Bronx.
As a Music Teacher with Creative Connections a typical day might include the following:
- Planning how to showcase your incredible personality into an engaging curriculum.
- Facilitating dynamic lessons to a full classroom.
- Planning and executing two performances a year.
- Coming up with brilliant ice-breakers to add to your lessons.
- Tracking attendance and lessons completed in our easy to use system.
- Meeting with your program manager to implement strategies for your classroom.
- Opportunities to pick up other curriculum for maximum placement opportunities.
- Dynamic and interactive hands-on training with seasoned success coaches and program managers.
- A great support system that is invested in your growth as a facilitator and teacher.
- A minimum of 2 years teaching or facilitating experience with young people, preferably in the New York City public school system.
- An ability to teach: Intro to music with various instruments to middle school students.
- An ability to commit to working Wednesdays (11am-5pm), Thursdays (11am-3pm) and Fridays (11am-5pm) through June 2019.
- Bachelor's Degree or 3 years equivalent experience in teaching in your content area.
- A dynamic personality that really comes alive in a classroom setting.
- The ability to create curriculum and insert your teaching style into it.
- The ability to think on your feet.
- Strong administrative skills, a strong attention to detail, and a mastery of effective time-management.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a cover letter and resume to jobs@creativeconnections.
Please note that applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Creative Connections is an equal opportunity employer. Creative Connections does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment Is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.