Grassroots Tennis & Education (“Grassroots”) is a youth development nonprofit working to build strength of character and a foundation for success through tennis and education.
This new, full time position is responsible for carrying out all aspects of grants management, from strategy development, research and applications to data collection and reporting, and supporting all development functions. We are looking for an experienced development professional who is highly organized, strategic and collaborative, with expertise in prospecting, solicitation, and stewardship of foundation and corporate support. This position is instrumental in meeting annual revenue goals, reporting directly to the Executive Director.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct all aspects of grants management, including the drafting and timely submission of proposals, reports, updates, and other relevant communications.
- Develop and maintain an internal tracking system for the grants calendar; input all deadlines for reports, renewals, and proposals and ensure deadlines are met.
- Manage all aspects of grants administration including processing of grant agreements, tracking payments and pledges, and managing institutional relationships and data in Bloomerang.
- Work closely with staff to ensure that all Bloomerang and Quickbooks records are up to date and coded correctly, and to ensure efficient gift processing, including the filing and tracking of timely acknowledgement and grant agreement letters.
- Develop and implement collaborative processes with Finance, Program, and Development/Communications team members to develop grant materials as needed; track program outcomes, testimonials, and other material for grant proposals and required reporting.
- Represent Grassroots in communications with funders as necessary.
- Develop and implement a prospecting plan for new institutional funders; track revenue and projections; keep Executive Director informed of grant opportunities and status of proposal/contract submissions.
- Facilitate quarterly compliance/informational team meetings with staff including statistical data, program activities, funding opportunities and financial compliance with grants/contracts.
- Acquire and maintain detailed knowledge and understanding of the organization and its programs to develop persuasive grant proposals, grant reports, and other development pieces; gather information and data from staff to demonstrate program impact.
Other Development functions:
- Provide all administrative support for growing development department, including: Bloomerang database management and reporting, record maintenance, data analysis; ensure all donations are tracked and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Track, analyze and project fundraising revenue and costs on an ongoing basis.
- Assist Executive Director in cultivation and stewardship of individual donors; providing donor reports and administrative support to the BOD Fundraising Committee.
- Assist with the coordination of the year end Annual Appeal campaign from conception to follow-up, working closing with communications staff, ED and Board of Directors.
- Generate quarterly stakeholder updates; coordinate funder site visits.
- Assist with implementation of strategic fundraising plan.
- Bachelor’s degree with 4+ years experience in fundraising, grants management, or equivalent professional and educational experience, preferably in the social impact field.
- Passion for Grassroots mission and commitment to our core values; awareness of and/or commitment to continuous learning about, issues around race, equity and white privilege, and how they play a role in the nonprofit sector and our work.
- Demonstrated success in securing grant awards; exceptional written communication, research and analytical skills; able to translate complex concepts into compelling proposal narratives.
- Demonstrated initiative, sound judgement, and the tenacity to see tasks through to completion in an accurate and thoughtful manner.
- Exceptionally organized and detail-oriented; strong donor relations orientation, the ability to effectively manage multiple projects, and absorb a lot of information in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite; demonstrated experience with donor databases, preferably Bloomerang; ability to handle sensitive and confidential information.
- Ability to plan ahead, anticipate problems and resolve conflicts; a team player with ability to establish rapport and trust, working collaboratively with people of diverse cultural backgrounds.
- Demonstrated reliability, maturity and responsibility; high emotional intelligence; flexible and inclusive.
What We Offer
This salary range for this full time position is $50,000 - $60,000 with a benefits package. We offer extremely generous PTO, professional development opportunities and an inclusive environment.
Please submit your resume and cover letter to Betsy McNeil, Executive Director, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include a cover letter addressing why you are interested in Grassroots, how your experience has prepared you for this position, and where you heard about this position. Please note that an offer of employment will be subject to the successful completion of a background check. No telephone inquiries please.
Grassroots is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to maintaining a non-discriminatory work environment. Grassroots does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other personal characteristic protected by applicable law.