730 Polk Street
The Marketing and Communications Officer is responsible for content creation and management of a wide variety of communications and assets for Project Open Hand, including but not limited to newsletters, publications (print and electronic), development collateral (appeals/events), client story bank, website, and client/staff/volunteer photos and multimedia campaigns. The Marketing and Communications Officer oversees content for all relevant social media channels and monitors and reports on digital marketing analytics that support Project Open Hand’s strategic goals.
- Three to Four years demonstrated experience in graphic design, marketing, or related field.
- Exceptional writing, editing, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work cross-functionally with a diverse range of external and internal stakeholders.
- Proven success working independently, managing multiple projects, and meeting deadlines.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail required to maintain brand standards.
- Creative and empathetic in engaging with sick and vulnerable communities, volunteers, and colleagues.
- Advanced proficiency: Adobe Creative Suite (AcrobatX, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, Premiere).
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency: Microsoft Office 365 (Excel, OneDrive, Outlook, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Word), CRM platforms (Salesforce), email marketing platforms (Emma, Constant Contact, Mailchimp), Facebook Insights, and Google Ads.
- Intermediate to Advanced proficiency: Social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Twitter, Vimeo, YouTube) and PR/Media software (Meltwater).
- Ability to work some evenings and weekends as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, or related field.
- Photography (shoot/edit) and video (shoot/edit).
- Public relations and media relations.
- Nonprofit sector and/or development (fundraising).
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist the Director, Marketing & Communications in all aspects of marketing and communications as it relates to the Strategic Plan.
- Create content, design layout, and lead production for POH materials including newsletters, brochures, annual reports, flyers, and other publications.
- Develop, produce, and post content and media for social media channels and the agency website.
- Shoot, edit, and produce photos and videos that meet brand and style guidelines for social media, website, and presentations.
- Monitor and report on digital marketing metrics (website, email marketing, and social media).
- Write, edit, and distribute monthly e-newsletters, online appeals, and direct mail appeals.
- Support Events with collateral creation and production for fundraisers, cause marketing, and partner events.
- Support PR and media outreach by drafting press releases, articles, talking points, and presentations.
- Develop and maintain partnerships with community-based organizations and government agencies.
- Monitor Brand usage by external and internal stakeholders.
- Maintain electronic archive of logos, appeals, media, photos, executive bios, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required