Senior Administrative Assistant, Corporate Responsibility
- Job posted by New York Life Insurance Company Foundation
51 Madison Avenue
The Senior Administrative Assistant will provide comprehensive administrative support to the Corporate Responsibility Department at New York Life as well as the New York Life Foundation. The Corporate Responsibility Department manages and promotes the company’s community support through volunteer programs, giving campaigns, disaster relief and non-profit board service. In addition, it manages the New York Life Foundation that provides philanthropic support to nonprofits in our two strategic focus areas, childhood bereavement and educational enhancement; and supports our workforce engagement through volunteer grants and matching grants.
The Senior Administrative Assistant responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Provide administrative support to the team including but not limited to: managing the head of the department’s calendar, travel, expenses and other associated tasks; supporting team members with projects and events and planning team meetings.
- Handle meeting planning/coordination and phone coverage, including answering the Foundation hotline and responding to Foundation email accounts.
- Prioritize phone, mail and email messages; respond to requests on behalf of the department VP; track and follow-up on deliverables; maintain files
- interacts with employees, agents and external stakeholders on a daily basis
- Manage sensitive documentation
- Manage relationship with Swervepoint, New York Life’s merchandise site, including maintaining inventory and handling large shipments
- Manage large print jobs and related projects
- Create and maintain reports related to phone and email inquiries
- Assist with onboarding new employees
- Order and maintain supplies, and handle other administrative duties as assigned
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum of 3-5 years of administrative experience supporting senior level executives in a corporate environment
- Exceptional written, verbal and communication skills with the demonstrated ability to work with all levels within the organization, including the C-suite
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills; exceptional accuracy and attention to details
- Strong project management skills and demonstrated ability of multitasking, setting priorities and meeting demanding deadlines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- A passion for the work of the department
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate needs
- High level of professionalism with strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality; good judgment and diplomacy
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint LotusNotes
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please visit the website to formally apply to the position.