Details: An in-country stipend will be provided by the organization. The $4500/yr will be separate, and will be sent directly to your personal account as salary.
First Things Foundation (FTF) actively engages with poor entrepreneurs, visionaries, local leaders, and community projects to consult, facilitate, and network people together in order to get their projects and ideas off the ground.
This is not your average job! We live the same as those we serve, meaning: cold concrete floors, only filtered water, local meals and lots of walking.
We are looking for a motivated individual who believes in offering hand-ups, not hand-outs, and is willing to live and breathe their country for 2 years.
- Serving a local community in an area of need as a volunteer for the first 8 months (technical skills may be useful. Please advise us if you are trained in a particular field or skill).
- Consulting with entrepreneurs and projects and being a facilitator to their ideas
- Actively creating a network of local and national volunteers, partners, and sponsors
- Contributing monthly to our media through blogs, pictures, and video
- Learning and speaking in national and local languages (Spanish and Maya K'iche' in Guatemala, or Krio in Sierra Leone)
- Currently we have field worker positions open in Sierra Leone and Guatemala.
- **You will not be working in Naples, Florida.
You will have medical and evacuation insurance while abroad. There are also future career opportunities with FTF after your field time is up.
Level of Language Proficiency
There is no educational requirement.
English is required. Any other languages are a plus. All languages for your country will be taught at your site.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
If interested, please send send to the email above:
- A short cover letter describing what makes you tick and why you are attracting to working with FTF in a field worker position.
- Your resume/C.V.