3029 Miller Road
The Michigan League of Conservation Voters is seeking a Digital Video and Creative Manager to tell the stories of the most pressing land, air, and water issues facing Michigan and to amplify the voices of people and communities who are impacted by or connected to those issues. The Digital Video and Creative Manager is a new position on our communications team.
The ideal candidate will be a natural organizer and creative storyteller who has the technical and artistic skills to develop stories into videos, animations, graphic designs, or other mediums that drive people to take action on important issues facing Michigan. They will be a self-starter and early adopter of new ideas, tools, and technology and they will be interested in orienting their creative skills toward political action and affecting change. This position is an opportunity to elevate the voices of people impacted by clean air and clean water issues and to power a movement to protect our basic needs and natural resources with powerful visuals.
About the Michigan League of Conservation Voters
The Michigan League of Conservation Voters is a statewide political organization whose mission is to elect pro-conservation candidates to office and to hold all decision makers accountable for protecting Michigan’s land, air and water. We work closely with elected officials, business leaders, partner organizations and advocates from across the state, and we have built a reputation as the leading, non-partisan political voice for Michigan’s land, air and water.
Michigan LCV is an equal opportunity employer. We assure equal treatment in hiring selection, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, training, discipline and other personnel practices and terms or conditions of employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, height, weight, marital status, genetic testing status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender status, or any other protected class established by all applicable federal, state and local laws and ordinances.
The Digital Video and Creative Manager reports to the Communications Director and it’s preferred, but not required, that they are based out of our Ann Arbor office. They are responsible for the following:
- Shaping visual content strategy: Working with the Communications Director and Programs Team to develop new ideas for content that will resonate with key audiences and drive people to take action.
- Producing video: Shooting, editing and producing video that appeals to our existing and new audiences and that drives people to take action, donate, and/or get involved.
- Writing scripts: Owning the script writing process, with input from Communications Director to make sure it’s aligned with organizational goals, and in consultation with the Political and Outreach team to identify interviewees and local angles.
- Managing production schedule: Owning and communicating the schedule for video/animation strategy, planning backwards to make sure videos are finished on deadline, identifying where staff support is needed and delegating clearly.
- Graphic design: Turning around gifs, memes and simple graphics for online campaigns, as well as reports, publications, issue briefs, etc.
- Building and managing a content library: Creating and managing a library of videos, facts/memes, photographs, gifs, and graphics organized by issue topic for easy access.
- Managing website: Keeping the website update to date, easy to navigate, and looking fresh.
- Co-managing social media presence: Drafting copy for video/graphic online campaign posts, and posting/uploading captions and videos.
- Traveling to tell stories from the field: Spends some time outside of the office to interview people, cover community meetings, and capture visual content needed to tell great stories.
We are seeking candidates who know what it takes to tell compelling visual stories that change the conversation and drive action, who have the technical skills to turn ideas into shareable content, and who are comfortable working with limited resources. You should have:
- Ability to edit and produce video, including a working knowledge of video production software and best practices for shooting and editing footage,
- Graphic design skills, including a working knowledge of Adobe CS graphic design programs and experience creating web and video graphics,
- Project management skills and the ability to identify the steps needed to execute excellent creative work,
- Know-how on shots, angles and messages that appeal to new audiences to collaborative script writing and storyboarding work,
- An approach to new ideas with a sense of possibility,
- Belief in Michigan LCV’s mission to protect access to and abundance of clean air, clean water, and public land.
Michigan LCV offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes the following: health and dental coverage, long-term and short-term disability coverage, life insurance coverage, a retirement savings program, reimbursements for business-related travel, a generous paid time off policy, and a team of smart, funny and kind colleagues working together to deliver on a mission that matters.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume, a cover letter no longer than one page, and two samples of visual content you’ve created (videos preferred) to email@example.com and include “Digital Video and Creative Manager” in the subject line. Applications will be accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.