60 Broad St, Suite 2422
Community Solutions strives to attract extraordinary people from diverse backgrounds and lived experiences. Please help us improve our outreach to diverse applicants by completing this brief survey, which is anonymous and in no way tied to your application. Thank you!
The Senior Project Manager will support the President and Executive leadership team of Community Solutions (CS) in implementing the organization’s mission to end homelessness and the conditions that create it. This will principally involve coordinating and synchronizing the work of complementary internal teams that are focused on three aspects of homelessness: (1) changing the conditions that produce homelessness; (2) training communities in the critical skills needed to reduce and ultimately end homelessness once it has occurred; and (3) developing new housing and finance models.
The Senior Project Manager will report directly to the President, serving as a right-hand to drive our strategy to reach ambitious milestones toward ending homelessness by 2020.
About Community Solutions:
Community Solutions is a hardworking team of social problem solvers working to end homelessness and the conditions that create it. We see these challenges as systems design problems, not just resource issues. Our team helps communities use modern problem solving tools, like design thinking and quality improvement, to improve the design, coordination and delivery of lasting, root cause solutions.
Since 2011, we’ve helped US communities find homes for more than 175,000 homeless Americans at a taxpayer savings of more than $1.4b. Ten of those communities have ended either chronic or veteran homelessness outright. We are led by Macarthur Fellow and internationally recognized innovator Rosanne Haggerty. Our work has been featured on 60 Minutes and recognized by the White House, the United Nations and the Smithsonian.
Community Solutions seeks leaders at every level: extraordinary, mission oriented people not satisfied with the status quo. We are a team of values driven problem solvers motivated by results. We eagerly seek and support diverse applicants. We provide generous benefits and opportunities for inspiring and transformational professional growth. We pride ourselves in developing an inclusive workplace culture that encourages staff to bring their whole selves to work every day.
Essential duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as lead internal project manager of the organization’s ambitious strategy to work with a critical mass of US communities (60+ ) to end long-term and veteran homelessness, and two neighborhood focused initiatives in Brooklyn, NY and Hartford, CT.
- Back up the President and Executive Team in implementing CS’s organizational strategy; this will include developing an effective feedback loop to indicate where we are on track to reach short- and long-term goals, and where course correction or innovation is needed. The Senior Project Manager will support the ongoing redirection of activity required to reach the organization’s goals.
- Enable the President to optimize her time and focus on external priorities.
- Apply data analytics, quality improvement, human-centered design and other problem-solving tools to reach our specified goals; coach internal teams to ensure mastery of these tools; and help to identify, refine and expand the critical skills needed to effectively assist communities in becoming better problem solvers to support CS’s ongoing evolution as an organization and movement leader.
- Coach and support internal project leaders and elevate project management standards and execution throughout the organization.
- Build and steward a highly effective internal communications system to improve collaboration and accelerate learning throughout the organization.
The person we are seeking:
- Embodies our organization’s culture of problem solving, collaboration and accountability for results.
- Has significant experience successfully managing team(s) working in complex environments.
- Has outstanding judgment and “takes ownership” of problems.
- Is highly organized.
- Is self-directed and results driven.
- Has strong skills in data analytics and quality improvement.
- Is a strong writer and a clear verbal communicator.
- Likes big challenges and can work creatively within constraints.
- Has a bachelor’s degree, with advanced degree preferred and significant (8 years+) hands-on experience in a related field.
- Google drive and business applications
- Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel
- Zoom Video Conferencing
A competitive compensation and benefits package will be offered to the chosen candidate.
Up to 5 days of travel to a major U.S. city every 3 months may be required in order to attend organizational meetings and events.
Ideally, the person hired will live and work in either New York City or Hartford, CT, however location is flexible. The person can work from home but will need to come to a CS office for meetings at least weekly.
Community Solutions provides generous benefits, including 25 days of PTO for new employees, 4 to 6 weeks paid leave for new parents, 85% coverage of health insurance premiums, and assistance with grad school tuition. See a summary of our benefits here.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit your resume and cover letter via our hiring portal, here.