Details: Salary is negotiable and commensurate with experience.
7 Marcus Garvey Boulevard
Churches United for Fair Housing (CUFFH) is a grassroots organization that works towards community empowerment through community organizing, youth engagement, and by providing sophisticated social services. CUFFH organizes towards preserving and creating vibrant communities that are not exclusive and are really affordable to working families in New York City. CUFFH programs serve the extremely low-income and immigrant families that are threatened by displacement and lack of affordable housing options city-wide.
The Constituent Services Specialist will help carry out our year-round service programs which include affordable and fair housing workshops, tenant and immigrant know-your-rights workshops and referral programs to other resources and services through the CUFFH Network. This position provides affordable housing information to large groups of our constituents, as well as works closely with individuals in a one-on-one setting to provide personalized assessment, counseling and assistance.
Essential Responsibilities Include
- Facilitate fair housing, affordable housing, financial empowerment and know-your-rights outreach and workshops across our Network
- Provide CUFFH weekly services at multiple locations across our member churches and larger Network in Brooklyn
- Coordinate all logistics for housing workshops and other events
- Perform door-to-door outreach and canvassing to inform and engage community members to attend workshops and events
- Represent CUFFH priorities at coalition meetings and in local/citywide initiatives, including participating as an HPD Housing Ambassador
- Help develop an individual work plan and annual goals
- Manage CUFFH social media accounts for Constituent Services efforts
- A deep passion for social justice and community organizing
- 2+ years of direct service, intake or relevant experience
- Strong organizing, planning, meeting/workshop facilitation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds, particularly working with people in crisis
- Experience and interest in taking ownership of social media accounts
- Willingness to work flexible hours, including evenings and weekends
- Must be reliable, on time and responsive to communication
- Strong writing and communication skills in both English and Spanish
- Basic computer skills, including Google G Suite
- Good teamwork skills, high energy and a positive attitude
CUFFH provides a laptop and cell phone and a generous and flexible PTO package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Bilingual: Fluency in Spanish & English is required for this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
CUFFH is a non-religious organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage qualified individuals of every race, creed, ethnicity, ability, sexual orientation and gender identity to apply.
Email your resume and cover letter to HR@cuffh.org with the subject line: Constituent Services Specialist. No phone calls will be accepted.