Details: Net salary: $15000 HKD per month (approx. £1440 /1911 USD)
Flat A, 13 F, Block 2, Camel Paint Building
62 Hoi Yuen Road
As a Chatteris English Tutor, you will be enrolled in the Chatteris International Graduate Programme and placed in a local Hong Kong school full time. Your role will be to help improve students’ language proficiency by motivating them to learn and use English every day.
You will work alongside the local English teaching staff to plan and deliver lessons as well as interactive workshops, tutorials and events.
At Chatteris we believe that you engage students’ interest in English by creating an immersive and inspiring English language environment which complements the school’s curriculum, both in and outside of the classroom.
Type of vacancy:
Full time, 9-month contract
Orientation for our 2019-2020 programme year begins on Monday 12 August 2019 but we are still recruiting for 2018-2019 so if you are interested in joining this year please select ‘immediate start’ on our application form.
- A university degree (any discipline)
- High English proficiency
- Interest in working with children, teenagers or young adults
- A proactive and creative nature
- Cultural sensitivity
- Experience living in a diverse and vibrant city
- Work with an international team
- Training and academic support network provided, no TEFL required
- Sponsored work visa (we apply on your behalf)
- Group arrival and airport pick up
- Orientation and settling in support provided
- Accommodation provided during the orientation period
- Welfare and emergency support provided
- School holidays and public holidays
- Opportunities to work on a number of community projects
- Additional training and professional development opportunities available
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Career mentorship and networking events
- Active social community
- Competitive monthly salary
- Pre-departure support
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required