80 Broad Street
Who We Are
ideas42 is the world’s first and largest non-profit focused on solving social problems using a scientific innovation approach grounded in Behavioral Science. We work on a wide range of issues such as breaking the cycle of intergenerational poverty, cracking the United States’ college completion crisis, eliminating unnecessary imprisonment, maximizing the effect of international development cash transfer programs, helping those on unemployment find and maintain a job, and reducing climate change. We do this by using our unique experience at the forefront of behavioral science (e.g. Behavioral Economics, Social and Cognitive Psychology, Neuropsychology). Our approach is based on a deep understanding of human behavior and why people make the decisions they do and take the actions they do (or do not) take. Working closely with our partners from government, foundations, NGOs and companies, we have more than 80 active projects in the United States and 30+ countries around the world. Incubated at Harvard University, we continue to work with the world’s leading behavioral scientists and have over 80+ affiliated academic advisors.
The Accounting Associate will assist with the full range of financial processes, helping to ensure deadlines are met and supporting team members across the organization
Specific accounting responsibilities may include:
- Accounts payable, verification of financial amounts and resolution of billing discrepancies
- Assisting with check disbursements and mailing out vendor payments
- Credit card statements, reconciliation and coding of expenses
- Reimbursements and coding of expenses claims
- Accounts receivable, invoicing, collections and bank deposits
- Accurate filing of all financial paperwork and supporting materials
- Reviewing bank account activities and performing a soft reconciliation
- Overseeing completion of timesheets and effort reporting
- Processing payroll summaries and benefit expenses
- Assisting with financial proposals to potential funders
- Preparing financial information for presentation to budget holders and internal management
- Providing assistance to other team members as needed
Qualifies for loan forgiveness based on 501(c)3 status.
Medical, Dental, and Vision insurances along with a robust retirement savings plan.
Level of Language Proficiency
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or a related field
- 1-3 years accounting experience in fast-paced environment, knowledge of nonprofit accounting a plus
- A customer service attitude when supporting the team in achieving their objectives
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Apps for Business and Fund-EZ or similar accounting system
- Understanding of data entry, accounting rules, general ledger and financial reports
- Detail-oriented and able to produce results with a good balance of accuracy and efficiency
- Planning and prioritizing workflows, and problem-solving situations through to completion
- Good interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work a flexible schedule during busy periods and to tackle adverse situations with a sense of humor is essential!
Minimum Education Required