281 huntington avenue
The Promotions and Community Coordinator is responsible for the creation and execution of promotions and promotional events to garner attention and generate sales and attendance for Huntington productions. This position serves as liaison to many community organizations and outside businesses and groups, establishing and maintaining close relationships with group leaders.
- Responsible for identifying target audiences for each production and for the institution as a whole, and developing and executing promotions and promotional partnerships with community organizations, affinity groups, businesses, hotels, restaurants, professional networking groups, and others in order to reach those target audiences.
- Establishes and maintains close and direct relationships with leaders of diverse and multicultural community groups and promotional partners, and is proactively communicative and responsive to their needs.
- Plans and executes strategic initiatives to support and grow the Huntington’s various ticket programs, including Community Membership, 35 Below, and group sales to meet marketing sales goals and to increase and diversify the Huntington’s audience.
- Oversees promotional and community engagement initiatives for each production, including the creation, execution, and promotion of special events and targeted ticket offers. Works closely with outside vendors and partners in a timely, efficient, and effective manner.
- Represents the Huntington on a regular basis and acts as liaison to various community and business organizations such as the Greater Boston Convention and Visitors Bureau (GBCVB), South End Business Alliance (SEBA), the Fenway Alliance, the Greater Boston Concierge Association (GBCA), and others.
- Participates fully in all marketing events and activities, such as open houses, receptions, and other special events, and acts as a positive, creative, contributing member of the marketing team.
- Assists the Director of Marketing and Associate Director of Marketing with various projects on an as-needed basis.
- B.A./B.S. or equivalent plus two or more years of administrative experience, preferably with a non-profit or arts organization.
- Superb networking skills, excellent attention to detail, as well as the ability to synthesize information quickly, and experience with computer databases and word processing.
- The ideal candidate will exude a high-energy, outgoing, confident personal style, have experience working in diverse communities, be culturally sensitive, and have a highly developed sense of humor and excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Prior marketing experience working with performing arts groups is preferable; a theatre background is a plus.
Additionally, the company provides health, dental, life, and disability insurance, as well as paid vacation, sick days, and holidays.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates, please send letter of interest, resume and salary expectations to:
Director of Human Resources
Huntington Theatre Company, Inc.
281 Huntington Avenue
Boston, MA 02115
The Huntington Theatre Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to Affirmative Action.