3400 Prospect Street Northwest
District of Columbia
POSITION: RESEARCH MANAGER
Location: Washington, DC 20007
Career Level: Professional
About the position:
Design, write and produce the Social Enterprise Ecosystems Report (SEER), a first-of-its-kind study measuring the strength of social enterprise ecosystems across the United States. Lead on researching topics for the Halcyon Dialogue series, including writing the Dialogue reports.
- Manage national surveys to collect quantitative and qualitative data on social enterprise ecosystems.
- Conduct first-hand research on regional impact ecosystems
- Write clear and compelling content for SEER
- Establish and maintain relationships with consultants, partners, funders and stakeholders who contribute to and/or use the SEER report.
- Engage consultants, partners, funders and stakeholders in the preparation and dissemination of the SEER report.
- Keep funder informed and up-to-date on outcomes.
- Recommend formatting and research methodologies to strengthen the SEER reports.
- Ensure strategic dissemination of SEER reports, in collaboration with consultants, partners, funders and stakeholders.
- Expand the visibility of the SEER report.
Halcyon Dialogue related
- Work with Halcyon’s Director of Policy and International Programs and other Halcyon staff to ensure the delivery of a world-class Dialogue series.
- Conduct and present research on topics used to frame Dialogue discussions.
- Identify and engage experts from a variety of fields to participate in and/or attend the Dialogue series.
- Gather strategic and specific guidance for the Dialogue series from sponsors, participants and Dialogue committee members.
- Function as recording secretary for Dialogue discussions, capturing all relevant content.
- Write and coordinate the production of Dialogue reports in partnership with Dialogue experts.
- Ensure strategic dissemination of Dialogue reports, in collaboration with sponsors and participants, relevant policy-makers and stakeholders in the US and abroad.
- Provide recommendations and action for Halcyon’s internal data collection and analysis.
- Stay abreast of trends in social enterprise ecosystem research and participate in relevant professional organizations and meetings to understand and, as appropriate, incorporate new information and approaches for future reporting.
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree
Minimum Experience Required: Three-years of experience in writing data-driven reports that have wide distribution and high impact.
Skills and Attributes:
- Strong interest in learning about social enterprise and policy
- Strong project management skills
- Exceptional writing skills
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, and share complex information and data from multiple sources
- Solid research skills
- Ability to work with multiple priorities and deadlines and to pitch in where needed
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with others, good sense of humor
- Excellent problem-solving skills including identifying and recommending solutions
- Ability to work well in a team environment and independently to achieve common objectives
- Detail-oriented with strong follow-up skills
- Understanding of statistics and use of data
- Strong commitment to the Halcyon’s mission.
- Good social skills for dealing with donors, sponsors, high level members of the business and academic communities, representative of city/state/federal entities, diplomatic corps, volunteers and professional colleagues, press
- Thrive on working in a fast-paced, dynamic, start-up environment
- Computer literate
Special Considerations: May be required to attend some evening and/or weekend events.
Minimum Education Required