320 East 94th Street
The Programmer AnalystI oversees activities related to data integrity, reporting and enhancement of the value of data. The Data Specialist II may direct the movement of data across multiple systems; oversee its validation and organization and make sure that data is available to appropriate people and systems within an organization.
Duties and Responsibilities
(in order of importance and/or frequency)
1) Uses SQL and Tableau to create dashboard of stories to support operations, QA, grant reporting and research activities; maintains data warehouse in sequel server
2) Implements the best practices in data management to ensure the integrity of the data, the quality of data processes and deliver analyzable or analyzed data to a variety of internal and external clients of the Medical Center.
3) Maintains data integrity and supports data analysis as necessary.
4) Make recommendations and assist in data capture, data extraction and analysis.
5) Develop, maintain or implement data systems for data entry, data cleaning, documentation and other administrative tasks.
6) Program, implement, or maintain operating methods to improve processing, distribution, data flow, collection, database editing procedures.
7) May define parameters for file or space utilization.
8) Assists faculty and staff with queries, reports and technical difficulties related to data retrieval.
9) Designs and writes custom applications needed to ensure the database meets requirements for the entry, management and reporting of data.
10) Identifies and recommends solutions to data management issues.
11) Trains staff with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system.
12) Maintains knowledge of the current regulations and technologies related to data management.
13) Performs other related duties.
*-indicates duty is “essential” as defined by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)
SQL Server Management Studio
(HS/GED; specialized training; degree and discipline)
Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics and/or related field. Master’s degree in relevant field of study preferred. Certificate in SQL programming and/or Tableau preferred but not required
Minimum Related Experience
(e.g. 1 year in research environment)
1-3 years database application/management experience, preferably in a large medical center or healthcare environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com